• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

Tristesse

Is that why homosexuals typically have several times more sexual partners in their lifetimes than heterosexuals? Honestly, Tristesse, have ever bothered to back up any of your statements, or do you just pull these ideas out of thin air and simply wave off the facts?

Have you ever loved more than one person? If the answer is yes, you just answered your own question.

Tristesse

Yet you've already been told why your comparison stinks. Must you be told again?

That's the stupidest thing you've said so far. Show me the evidence.

Judging from that sentence, it seems you never advanced beyond the 7th grade.

:facepalm: Ok, anyone who has sex is at risk of STD's. I don't care if you're hetero or homosexual. If you have sex, you're at risk. What don't you understand about this? Homosexuals are just as much at risk as heterosexuals.

Adonis65

Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexuals are doomed to spend eternity in hell. If they wanted to change, they could be healed of their evil ways. If they would turn away from temptation, they could be normal again if only they would try and try harder if it doesn't work. These are all the things I said to my son Bobby when I found out he was gay. When he told me he was homosexual my world fell apart. I did everything I could to cure him of his sickness. Eight months ago my son jumped off a bridge and killed himself. I deeply regret my lack of knowledge about gay and lesbian people. I see that everything I was taught and told was bigotry and de-humanizing slander. If I had investigated beyond what I was told, if I had just listened to my son when he poured his heart out to me I would not be standing here today with you filled with regret. I believe that God was pleased with Bobby's kind and loving spirit. In God's eyes kindness and love are what it's all about. I didn't know that each time I echoed eternal damnation for gay people each time I referred to Bobby as sick and perverted and a danger to our children. His self esteem and sense of worth were being destroyed. And finally his spirit broke beyond repair. It was not God's will that Bobby climbed over the side of a freeway overpass and jumped directly into the path of an eighteen-wheel truck which killed him instantly. Bobby's death was the direct result of his parent's ignorance and fear of the word gay. He wanted to be a writer. His hopes and dreams should not have been taken from him but they were. There are children, like Bobby, sitting in your congregations. Unknown to you they will be listening as you echo "amen" and that will soon silence their prayers. Their prayers to God for understanding and acceptance and for your love but your hatred and fear and ignorance of the word gay, will silence those prayers. So, before you echo "amen" in your home and place of worship. Think. Think and remember a child is listening.

Quote from Sigourney Weaver as Mary Griffith in the film Prayers for Bobby.

Why are you using a Hollywood script on a Christian to drive your point home? Are you not aware that the vast majority of what comes out of Hollywood is fiction? That paragraph does not reflect the gospel of Jesus, in any way, shape, or form. The Savior simply teaches us to fear God, and keep His commandments. If we deviate from that course, then we get a reward that suits our level of obedience.

People do not start out straight and switch sides to become gay.
Prove it.

However, people can start out ignorant, bigoted, and hateful, and then later switch sides.

Like the way anti-theists react to Christians?

Ok, they don't start out ignorant, bigoted and hateful, but somewhere along the way they were taught to be.

Like anti-theists act with Christians. ;)

More later....

Tristesse

Isn't it obvious? How about perpetuating the human race, for starters?

Really? So, heterosexual couples who are infertile should not be together? What about those couples that don't want kids, I guess they shouldn't be together either. Seriously? Is that your only argument?

gnomon

Thank you. I knew you'd see it my way. ;)

So how do you propose we address this STD problem?

The STD problem can be addressed with rational sex education.

There is no relevant connection in declaring homosexuality either a sin or an abomination by connecting it with STD's. It ranks up there with the belief that one knows "very straight" people who switched sides.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Why are you using a Hollywood script on a Christian to drive your point home? Are you not aware that the vast majority of what comes out of Hollywood is fiction? That paragraph does not reflect the gospel of Jesus, in any way, shape, or form. The Savior simply teaches us to fear God, and keep His commandments. If we deviate from that course, then we get a reward that suits our level of obedience.
You must have missed the part where it was based on a true story.

Mary Griffith's story

Prove it.
Ooh, I can play this game too! You prove otherwise!

Like the way anti-theists react to Christians?

Like anti-theists act with Christians. ;)

Some people like to learn more. Some people like to educate themselves. Some people like to move forward. Some people are accepting of others. These are the people that I'd rather align myself with than those who can't see past their own delusions.

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Wrong. Anyone who has sex with multiple partners, and on a regular basis, is at risk.... didn't your 7th grade teach you that as he was passing out rubbers to you and your classmates?

So if you've had only one sexual partner in your lifetime, you're guaranteed not to get STDs?

When did that come about?

Adonis65

People like you need to educate yourself to how STD's can be prevented, instead blaming homosexuals because it fits neatly into your agenda.

I already know how STDs can be prevented, and abstinence before marriage is the most effective. People like you need to stop pointing your fingers at the moral & responsible people.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I already know how STDs can be prevented, and abstinence before marriage is the most effective. People like you need to stop pointing your fingers at the moral & responsible people.

And you need to stop pretending that you are the moral and responsible guiding light in the world.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Is sexual orientation a choice?

No. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. And some people report trying very hard over many years to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual with no success. For these reasons, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation for most people to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

Q&A on sexuality