• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Doesn't the World Call on Hamas to Surrender?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So Israel is in conflict with Gaza , not with Hamas , is that what you are saying?
Because Benjamin Netanyahu declared war on Hamas 7 October 2023.
You are indericetly saying every person in Gaza is part of the conflict as you said also 'oponent'.Are they the oponent of Israel?

Hamas was and is the duly elected government for Gaza, and it is they who started this on 10-7 with cheers coming from Gaza and many others in the Arab world.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
And who started it, and who now is turning down a U.S. cease-fire proposal that Israel has accepted?
I think this is what @ImmortalFlame misses in this conflict
How Hamas just continues ignoring the situation and they lead their people to further anihilation.They don't care for the lifes of their people , they just continue with their agenda.

It's very sad that most people don't see what kind of evil is Hamas.

Son of Hamas:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
How Hamas just continues ignoring the situation and they lead their people to further anihilation.They don't care for the lifes of their people , they just continue with their agenda.
That's not something I miss. In fact it's something I acknowledge constantly. But how does "Hamas perpetrated a massacre and don't care about civilian deaths in Gaza" mean "therefore, war crimes on Gazan civilians by Israel can be blamed on Hamas"? Especially when you look at the very title of this thread. If we all agree that Hamas don't care about civilian deaths in Gaza, why have so many people decided that whether or not the mass deaths of the civilians in Gaza should be stopped only when Hamas - who don't care about them - choose to surrender?

How does that logic follow? Am I taking crazy pills?

metis

Did you read on the 'why'?
Have you even been in the region and talked with people living there?

There are tens of thousands of Israelis who have moved away from the northern border because of Hezbollah's missiles and rockets. So, what you are doing is basically siding with the perpetrators and blaming Israel for defending itself. Now Hamas is rejecting an American ceasefire proposal that Israel has accepted.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Hamas was and is the duly elected government for Gaza, and it is they who started this on 10-7 with cheers coming from Gaza and many others in the Arab world.
Therefore, literally all Gazans deserve to be held accountable and die horribly, and Israel is not responsible for its actions in how it chooses to deal with terrorists.

Good to know.

metis

It's very sad that most people don't see what kind of evil is Hamas.

Son of Hamas:
Yes, I've seen this before, and what he said should be seen by all here. So, thanks for posting this.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
For seconds, the actions of groups made of Jews are not necessarily representative of Jews broadly. There have always been Jews who were opposed to the displacement of the Palestinian people.

Yes. My signature celebrates one of them.

Many of "us Jews" are capable of acknowledging the Nakba while, simultaneously condemning Hamas culpability in triggering and perpetuating the current tragedy, while others almost begrudgingly give lip service to "Bring Them Home" while bemoaning "genocide" - a term preferentially thrown at "us Jews."

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
That's not something I miss. In fact it's something I acknowledge constantly. But how does "Hamas perpetrated a massacre and don't care about civilian deaths in Gaza" mean "therefore, war crimes on Gazan civilians by Israel can be blamed on Hamas"? Especially when you look at the very title of this thread. If we all agree that Hamas don't care about civilian deaths in Gaza, why have so many people decided that whether or not the mass deaths of the civilians in Gaza should be stopped only when Hamas - who don't care about them - choose to surrender?
Honestly , only the state of Israel should answer this question.They are the current executors , not we.

How does that logic follow? Am I taking crazy pills?
Yes , but you ask me questions that only the state of Israel should answer.This is their operation.Their system should answer this questions.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Have you even been in the region and talked with people living there?

There are tens of thousands of Israelis who have moved away from the northern border because of Hezbollah's missiles and rockets.

Why don't you answer my question? Did you or did you not read on why Hamas is not accepting it?

So, what you are doing is basically siding with the perpetrators and blaming Israel for defending itself. Now Hamas is rejecting an American ceasefire proposal that Israel has accepted.

Israel is not defending itself. That is just war propaganda. And no, I am not siding with Hamas.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Honestly , only the state of Israel should answer this question.They are the current executors , not we.
I'm not sure expecting a state to hold itself to a reasonable standard is very wise. I think we're all in the place to judge whether or not Hamas' actions are sufficient to justify war crimes against civilians in Gaza, and I'm constantly shocked by the people who seem to have judged that it does; although they stop short of explicitly stating so, it is almost always the conclusion of their arguments.

Yes , but you ask me questions that only the state of Israel should answer.This is their operation.Their system should answer this questions.
Again, if we're not in a position to judge their actions independently, the very concept of war crimes becomes a mockery. Why do we not extend this generosity to Hamas? Obviously, because what they did was blatantly unjustified and evil. I feel the same way about what the Israeli state is perpetrating.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Israel is not defending itself. That is just war propaganda. And no, I am not siding with Hamas.
Well , Israel did not start all of this , that's for sure,however that doesn't mean they are handling the situation the best.
After 1948 Israel agreed on the 2 state solution , the Arabs rejected and wanted only the existence of Palestinian state.The Jews were outnumbered in that period and still menaged to resist them and the influence of the other Arab countries.The Jews did not start this conflinct.They will legal 'migrants' after WW II.

They were defending themselfs from the begining , and now because they have progressed it looks like they are the bad ones in this picture.They have showned however with how they deal this conflinct that they are neither the good cite.
I stay on that that two wrongs don't make a right.

metis

Why don't you answer my question? Did you or did you not read on why Hamas is not accepting it?

According to Blinken, Hamas keeps making additions to their proposal, plus their leader recently said that Hamas is winning the propaganda campaign.

Israel is "not defending itself"? How about the roughly 160 rockets fired out of Gaza into Israel about 2 weeks ago? Israel is just supposed to take it without responding? Did the U.S. do that after 9-11? How about after Pearl Harbor? etc.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Well , Israel did not start all of this , that's for sure,however that doesn't mean they are handling the situation the best.
After 1948 Israel agreed on the 2 state solution , the Arabs rejected and wanted only the existence of Palestinian state.The Jews were outnumbered in that period and still menaged to resist them and the influence of the other Arab countries.The Jews did not start this conflinct.They will legal 'migrants' after WW II.
You glossed over some pretty key details, there. First, the land that the Palestinians lived on - and had for generations - was being given to Jewish settlers under the British mandate. Palestinians had no say whatsoever. To say they "started it" is to ignore the fact that what should have been their land was just taken from them by force, and early militias within the newly established Israel were very quick to seize territory outside of the territory they had been given in the British mandate and committed multiple war crimes and ethnic cleansing in doing so.

Do you really blame the people in Palestine for not wanting their land to be taken from them? It's pretty obvious that when you take land from people there is going to be violent resistance from them. That should be obvious. And in what way does that justify either the Nakba or the continual, illegal annexation of Palestine and the war crimes in Gaza?

They were defending themselfs from the begining , and now because they have progressed it looks like they are the bad ones in this picture.
The fact that you see events that happened nearly 100 years ago as contiguous with apportioning blame for current events is utterly bizarre. Do you believe that events in 1948 means that the Israeli state cannot be engaging in war crimes today?

They have showned however with how they deal this conflinct that they are neither the good cite.
I stay on that that two wrongs don't make a right.
Then please stop revising history and implying that it's Palestinians fault that they were ethnically cleansed.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I'm not sure expecting a state to hold itself to a reasonable standard is very wise. I think we're all in the place to judge whether or not Hamas' actions are sufficient to justify war crimes against civilians in Gaza
How do you know that you see a picture from Gaza and not some old one from Syria?

, and I'm constantly shocked by the people who seem to have judged that it does; although they stop short of explicitly stating so, it is almost always the conclusion of their arguments.
You are the one who oftenly points to Israel , haven't you noticed?
Israel current action is not justifiable , but the orign of this conflinct is very different from what is now happening.
This did not started October 7th or 20 years ago.It started 1948.

Again, if we're not in a position to judge their actions independently, the very concept of war crimes becomes a mockery.
Ofc they need to answer for this , then why is it hard to accept that the orign of this conflinct in the first place is not because of Israel?

Why do we not extend this generosity to Hamas?
Because Hamas aimed to this , and Israel played their game.This is political analysis , it has nothing to do with emotion.

Obviously, because what they did was blatantly unjustified and evil. I feel the same way about what the Israeli state is perpetrating.
What Israel is doing right know and what Hamas did are two separate discussions.As the orign of this problem is.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
How do you know that you see a picture from Gaza and not some old one from Syria?
That's your argument? Conspiracy theories?

You are the one who oftenly points to Israel , haven't you noticed?
I have noticed, yes. I point at war crimes committed by Israel and say "The Israeli state did that". And the issue is...?

Israel current action is not justifiable , but the orign of this conflinct is very different from what is now happening.
"The fact is that what is happening is completely unjustified... HOWEVER"

Nope, that's not how this works. It's either unjustified or it's justified. History doesn't justify it, and repeatedly bringing the history into it doesn't make it any more justified. It's irrelevant. It may be relevant when considering a broader solution to the conflict, but it is not relevant to whether or not war crimes are a justified response in this instance. I won't accept this logic from people who say Israel's continual oppression of the Palestinian people means that Hamas' incursion on 10/7 was a justified act of liberatory violence, so why should I accept this kind of reasoning in the other direction?

This did not started October 7th or 20 years ago.It started 1948.
It could have started a million years ago. It still wouldn't change the moral judgement of whether or not war crimes against civilians are justified. How do you not get this?

Ofc they need to answer for this , then why is it hard to accept that the orign of this conflinct in the first place is not because of Israel?
I don't care about the broader origin of the conflict right now. I care about the tens of thousands of people who are dying (to be clear, on both sides) and continuing war crimes and human rights abuses that continue to kill more every day. Why do you think the origin of the conflict is relevant?

Because Hamas aimed to this , and Israel played their game.This is political analysis , it has nothing to do with emotion.
Fine. But that has nothing to do with whether or not what Israel is doing is justified and can be judged as such.

What Israel is doing right know and what Hamas did are two separate discussions.As the orign of this problem is.
So why do you keep dragging the origin of the conflict into a discussion about what Israel is doing?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Arabs and Israelites could have been living together peacefully in the same and one country. They could have lived together without any religious or racial fanaticism. Even, some of the political leaders of the country could have been Arabs. But unfortunately, religious and racial fanaticism, fed by the Religious leaders, have caused this stupid and foolish disunity between human race.
I am not going to take sides here.
It has no benefit for the Palestinians or Israelites. It only brings hatred and war.
I see the fault is with the Religious Leaders. They are the ones that always caused hate and war to people.
I also see, people at fault. Because they blindly follow their Religious Leaders and scholars. Thus, they are lead to hell fire , by their Religious Leaders.
Your hate towards Islam and it's religious leaders has blinded you between a clear conflict of oppressors vs oppressed.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
You glossed over some pretty key details, there.First, the land that the Palestinians lived on - and had for generations
They took that land in the first place as consequence of conquest.
Either you stay consistent in analysis , either you don't.

- was being given to Jewish settlers under the British mandate. Palestinians had no say whatsoever.
No , they had the say and they had the oportunity to settle but they chose to start a war.

To say they "started it" is to ignore the fact that what should have been their land was just taken from them by force
That is not their land in the first place.
They came to this land.
They were minorities however through History.

, and early militias within the newly established Israel were very quick to seize territory outside of the territory they had been given in the British mandate and committed multiple war crimes and ethnic cleansing in doing so.

Jews were minority for a good time , don't forget that.

Do you really blame the people in Palestine for not wanting their land to be taken from them?
How do you know that is their land?

It's pretty obvious that when you take land from people there is going to be violent resistance from them.
Would you also say that for the Muslim conquest?

That should be obvious. And in what way does that justify either the Nakba or the continual, illegal annexation of Palestine and the war crimes in Gaza?
Every decision of the Palestinian people has been wrong untill this day.
They are the ones with no room to negotiate in the first place.They have given the right to Hamas to speak for the Palestinian people.
When you vote , you give someone the right to speak in your name.
Palestinians are surrounded by terrirosts who want to lead them.

The fact that you see events that happened nearly 100 years ago as contiguous with apportioning blame for current events is utterly bizarre.
But you don't find it bizare when you say that is their land , do you?

Do you believe that events in 1948 means that the Israeli state cannot be engaging in war crimes today?
These events just show it all started , that's it.

Then please stop revising history and implying that it's Palestinians fault that they were ethnically cleansed.
That's your conclusion , not mine.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The truth is Palestinians and Hamas have took upon themselves to be brunt of the resistance to Western Imperialism. Zionism came about to impose oppression and keep Muslims from establishing democracies or even an Islamic Caliphate where all Muslim countries are united.

Freemasons tricked the Jewish population into Zionism and Christians as well.

This is not just about Palestine.

The Islam we are taught is the one decided by Western Imperialists. Iran is hated because it's free. Saudi Arabia and Bahrain for example which are both dictatorships are loved because they are under western imperialisms.

Unfortunately, Palestinians bare the brunt of the conflict between Islam and Satanic West. Russia use to trust the west, but is now siding with Iran and the resistance towards imperalism.

What would will be interesting is the role Africa plays soon, what side they will choose, and who will they will to trades with. Russia and China out of all people might be changing Africa towards a more Brics Friendly and the sanctions on Iran become nothing in this case.

Iran's policy use to be all about re-establishing Islamic rulers chosen by the people. This was seen as a huge threat. Western wants to keep dictators. Israel sees in security interest to not allow Muslims to choose their leaders too.

Anyways, I am reminded of the verse Musa's (a) companions complaining "We were bothered a lot before you and now after you (coming)"

As for me, I believe US is literally head mastered by Satan with Gog (the one who with Satan is direct companion to) and Magog (sorcerers who follow the sorcerer Gog). They are just trying to delay the appearance of Imam Mahdi (a).

Satan always causes people to fear his friends and that is his main plan and it's a weak plan. If people fear God instead and rely on God, and continue to persevere, things will be set aright.

If they chase Dunya, then love of Dunya is a polytheism that won't be forgiven. Whoever desires the life of this world per Quran has nothing but the fire in the next.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
They took that land in the first place as consequence of conquest.
Either you stay consistent in analysis , either you don't.
So, since you don't seem to care if people use violent means to seize territory from people, why did you deliberately leave out the facts of the seizure of land from the Palestinians?

No , they had the say and they had the oportunity to settle but they chose to started a war.
Suuure, they had the choice of either continuing to live on only a fraction of the land that they had previously lived on for generations, or to violently resist what was happening (which was, again, obviously going to happen) and thus be held all collectively responsible and be ethnically cleansed.

Cool.
That is not their land in the first place.
They came to this land.
They were minorities however through History.
Ah, the old "nobody owns any land except through conquest, so it's all a-okay" argument. Tell me, if in response to the British mandate the Palestinians literally killed every Jewish settler, destroyed their history, wiped out Jewish settlements (including ones that had existed their for generations) and then continued to commit crimes against Jewish populations in the region, would you be implying that that was a perfectly valid and reasonable response? And would you deliberately be leaving out important details in order to paint Jewish communities as the sole aggressors in this case?

Jews were minority for a good time , don't forget that.
What relevance does that have? You think that means that Israeli militias have the right to annex territory, murder people, de-home more than 700,000 people, raze villages and delete entire cultural histories?

You know that Muslims as a minority in many countries, too. I guess that means that anything Hamas does is fine and shouldn't be acknowledged (or we should actively pretend they don't exist) in order to portray Muslims in all circumstances as victims and never perpetrators.

Come on.

How do you know that is their land?
They had lived there for generations. Many of them alongside Jews and Jewish communities who had been there just as long.

Would you also say that for the Muslim conquest?
I would say it of literally ALL conquest. Do you seriously want to suggest that violent resistance wasn't an inevitable consequence of Britain literally giving thousands of miles of land that had been settled for generations away and forcing the people who lived their to move away? Did you think the local population would just pick up and leave, happy as Larry?

Every decision of the Palestinian people has been wrong untill this day.
Disgusting over-generalization and an appalling broad brush.

They are the ones with no room to negotiate in the first place.
That's hilarious. They're literally dis-empowered and Gaza is little more than an open-air prison. Israel has one of the most highly funded militaries in the world and the backing and veto power of the world's largest superpower. They can never negotiate from a position of any kind of power, and the failure of their leadership to do so is not a fault of the Palestinian people. This is unironically a "might-makes-right" argument.

They have given the right to Hamas to speak for the Palestinian people.
After fifty-plus years of oppression, people tend to develop extremist tendencies. Remember, you're the one who wants to judge things in terms of the history of the conflict - except, when Palestinians do bad thing, you see it is a moral failing on their part. Weird how you have that double standard.

When you vote , you give someone the right to speak in your name.
Palestinians are surrounded by terrirosts who want to lead them.
Gee, I wonder why.

But you don't find it bizare when you say that is their land , do you?
I don't find it bizarre to suggest that people who have lived on land for generations have a more legitimate claim to it than an imperialist nation that simply claims legal ownership of it.

These events just show it all started , that's it.
"It started" is obvious. What I'm curious about is why you deliberately misrepresented events to indicate Palestinians as the sole agitators, deliberately missing out the British involvement, the partition and the Nakba.

That's your conclusion , not mine.
No, it's what you keep doing. Stop it.

Last edited: