• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't Republicans see this?

Heyo

Veteran Member
We expect you will provide a
list of politicians who are not self
serving* and tell us who trump
robbed of what.
Trump redirected funds from the DOD to the wall.
I call that a win for Trump. He showed you can rob from the MIC. Biden should take notes and divert some money to infrastructure.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Do people forget Trump isn't much younger than Biden? How is Biden's age (79) a problem but Trump's (76) isn't? They'd both be over 80 in that term.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Do people forget Trump isn't much younger than Biden? How is Biden's age (79) a problem but Trump's (76) isn't? They'd both be over 80 in that term.

Trump has the vigor of someone who is in their prime. High energy, lively and charismatic, confident and outspoken…

The complete opposite can be said of Joe Biden.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Trump has the vigor of someone who is in their prime. High energy, lively and charismatic, confident and outspoken…

The complete opposite can be said of Joe Biden.
Great, but you missed out the bit as to being delusional, and nasty. :oops: And charismatic only to a certain sort - these being gullible. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You also have to note the good things:

- He insulted soldiers and military leaders.

- He stole from the DOD.

- He prevented TTIP.

- He at least tried to reduce US presence in Germany (but failed, the MIC showed him that the President doesn't have that power).

I was limited for time :cool:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think there's a direct relationship between how much influence he has and how his opponents are obsessed with taking him down. If they'd lay off, then his supporters would fade away, and Trump's influence would equally fade - if that's the actual goal here. The OP asked why people still believe in Trump, and the answer to that question (as it's been the same answer since 2016) is because of the people who are/were obsessed with wanting to get rid of Trump.

I think the relationship between Trump popularity and media occurred during the 2016 election. His ratings as President were never great, and even now his influence is waning, except perhpas among his hardcore supporters.

But that influence is still there, hence why we need to discuss and debate it.

I have considered whether people supported Trump only because he so easily angered their political opponents. I think there's some truth there, but simultaneously, I think they do support his more acerbic approach and controversial ideas. He's xenophobic and racist and they are all right with that.

I don't think it's just because people want to get rid of him. He gives a kind of public voice to their own deep-seated fears.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
One of the things that came out of the second day of public hearings by the January 6 Committee is that:
  1. Everybody (except a drunk Giuliani) around Trump was telling him there was no fraud (so he knew),
  2. Trump continued the Big Lie in spite of all of them (so he continued to lie),
  3. Using the Big Lie, he then went on to raise $250 million from his supporters for a non-existent "defense fund," and put it in his own pocket (and he used that lie to commit what can only be called fraud -- against his own supporters).
So for heavens sake, why can't they see the truth, and stop supporting the man who has so self-servingly robbed them blind?
Mainly because we see every politician doing the same thing. So it is six of one and a half dozen of the other. It is like when the Dems couldn't see that the Russian Dossier was a lie and still support those who lied.

Maybe in Canada you have completely honest, blameless and perfect politicians. We haven't found one here.

For that matter, I'm not perfect either.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I think the relationship between Trump popularity and media occurred during the 2016 election.
Yep. Trump is a clown, an entertainer. He always has something to report on. His escapades are worth millions. He gets free air time while others have to pay for ads. That means, of course, that he doesn't have time for actual work but neither he nor his fan boys are interested in that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And your question is most germane in respect of the fact now that his supporters know -- they remain his supporters. To me, this is akin to people who know what they're doing is bad for them, but do it anyway, because .... well, who the heck knows?

Many (if not most) people are motivated by self-interest when it comes to politics. Whether it's "good for them" or "bad for them" is a point of view.

pearl

So for heavens sake, why can't they see the truth, and stop supporting the man who has so self-servingly robbed them blind?

Its not that difficult to understand. Simply hold your nose and follow Trump as the 'the end justifies the means'. As promised by his ilk in 2016, to set the country back by 50 years.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It was a planned insurrection. Four people died on that day, and just because they were Trump supporters doesn’t mean their deaths don’t count. They died because they were lied to. Five other people died after that day as a direct consequence of those events. 138 Law enforcement officers were injured, some suffering permanent debilitating injuries. The fact is that there were several “protesters” there with firearms, and many more with knives, bats, and other weapons that they brought with them.

It was an insurrection, it was a planned insurrection. That is not my opinion, it is a fact. People have been charged with and convicted of insurrection conspiracy.

Oh yeah. That PowerPoint thingy.
Ahhhh-mazing!!! :facepalm:

At least 865 people have been charged for their activities at the Capitol that day. 309 have entered guilty pleas (why would over 300 innocent people plead guilt? Martyr complexes, do you think?) Over 70 have been sentenced.

No weapons -- I hear that a lot. How about Robert Scott Palmer -- threw boards and a fire extinguisher. Have you ever been conked on the bean with a fire extinguisher? I promise you wouldn't like it! Sentenced to 63 months in prison.

But why go on. I'll bet you have haven't read anything since the second "h" in Ahhhh-mazing!!!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Many (if not most) people are motivated by self-interest when it comes to politics. Whether it's "good for them" or "bad for them" is a point of view.
Well, then, if they get what they vote for, I'll bet they'll look around later for somebody else to blame.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He didn't start a new war and even ended the engagement in Afghanistan (which was only finalized under Biden).
True. Or course when Trump's plan failed at the end they blamed Biden for following it. One has to give Biden some credit for doing what had to be done.

esmith

Veteran Member
Age is just a number.
Do you know anyone who is older than Biden? How do they stack up compared to him.

Heyo

Veteran Member
True. Or course when Trump's plan failed at the end they blamed Biden for following it. One has to give Biden some credit for doing what had to be done.
Yep. But I guess at that time he couldn't have done anything else. The military already had decided they didn't want to stay and they take a Presidents order more as a suggestion. Like in Germany, here the military had decided they liked it here and when Trump said they should go to Poland they said "Yes, Sir" and did absolutely nothing. Biden also confirmed that decision.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Mainly because we see every politician doing the same thing. So it is six of one and a half dozen of the other. It is like when the Dems couldn't see that the Russian Dossier was a lie and still support those who lied.

Maybe in Canada you have completely honest, blameless and perfect politicians. We haven't found one here.

For that matter, I'm not perfect either.
Nobody is perfect, @KenS, but that's no reason not to pay attention to what they're all doing, and choosing the least venal.