• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Has Israel Killed 40,000 Civilians In Gaza?

anotherneil

Unfortunately babies and toddlers get killed but they are not targeted unlike October 7th,they were cut from their mothers womb first on that occasion.
That's like saying vehicle A is a green truck and vehicle B is not green, therefore vehicle B is not a truck - this is not a valid argument.

They were targeted, probably still are targeted, and probably still will be targeted for slaughter, based on Israel's track record. They might not have been individually targeted, but that doesn't negate the fact that they were collectively targeted.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That's like saying vehicle A is a green truck and vehicle B is not green, therefore vehicle B is not a truck - this is not a valid argument.

They were targeted, probably still are targeted, and probably still will be targeted for slaughter, based on Israel's track record. They might not have been individually targeted, but that doesn't negate the fact that they were collectively targeted.

Sources?.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Absolved by who?,wars ****,ww1&2,Korea,Vietnam (agent orange non selective) so why is this war any different?.
1. This isn't a war between nation states. It is a conflict between the most developed and heavily armed state in the region and the administering organisation of a stateless and defenceless population that has been either occupied or blockaded by the developed and heavily armed state for decades. This is people who've spent their lives in an open prison now being corralled from place to place while a its jailers drop bombs all over the yard, including repeatedly on hospitals, refugee camps that they've been chased into, and schools.

At the same time the population of the other side sits comfortably in restaurants and film theaters, students take lectures in their universities, and watches their football clubs play out their matches (including hosting European sides in UCL and UEL), in relative safety.

2. Terrible things happening to German/Vietnamese/Korean people is not justification for doing terrible things to Palestinian people.

Ignatius A

Nope. killing innocent civilians is always wrong, regardless of who's doing it to who.

What's accomplished by killing kids, other than assuring their families become fresh recruits for Hamas?
I agree but justified given that hamas wants the complete annihilation of Israel and Jews.

And then innocents killed by Hamas have no similar affect on Jews?

I am not sympathetic to a band of rabid genocidal maniacs who are complaining they are the victims of genocide.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
1. This isn't a war between nation states. It is a conflict between the most developed and heavily armed state in the region and the administering organisation of a stateless and defenceless population that has been either occupied or blockaded by the developed and heavily armed state for decades. This is people who've spent their lives in an open prison now being corralled from place to place while a its jailers drop bombs all over the yard, including repeatedly on hospitals, refugee camps that they've been chased into, and schools.

At the same time the population of the other side sits comfortably in restaurants and film theaters, students take lectures in their universities, and watches their football clubs play out their matches (including hosting European sides in UCL and UEL), in relative safety.

2. Terrible things happening to German/Vietnamese/Korean people is not justification for doing terrible things to Palestinian people.

Or for Palestinians doing terrible things to Israelis.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I agree but justified given that hamas wants the complete annihilation of Israel and Jews.
Killing innocent people is what makes Hamas bad, so killing more innocent people in response just makes one no better than Hamas. Injustice is injustice. Terrorism is terrorism. Two wrongs don't make a right.
And then innocents killed by Hamas have no similar affect on Jews?
I'm sure it did. That's how the never ending cycle of vengeance and violence works.
I am not sympathetic to a band of rabid genocidal maniacs who are complaining they are the victims of genocide.
How are children - especially toddlers and infants - "rabid genocidal maniacs"? Do you think Jesus appreciates and abides your dehumanization of them?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
People who blame Israel for everything no matter what Hamas do.
But The IDF is responsible for killing innocent civilians, and nothing Hama does justifies that, just as nothing justifies Hamas' killing of innocent civilians. If your child was molested, do you think becoming a child molester yourself would be the appropriate response? Of course not, now swap molesting with killing.
This is SPOT ON!
Nope. Way off.

Ignatius A

But The IDF is responsible for killing innocent civilians, and nothing Hama does justifies that, just as nothing justifies Hamas' killing of innocent civilians. If your child was molested, do you think becoming a child molester yourself would be the appropriate response? Of course not, now swap molesting with killing.

Nope. Way off.
Glad to see one of you acknowledge that hamas kills civilians. Until hamas changes their position on destroying Israel, Israel is quite justified in responding in kind to hamas.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Glad to see one of you acknowledge that hamas kills civilians. Until hamas changes their position on destroying Israel, Israel is quite justified in responding in kind to hamas.
You literally do believe killing children is a perfectly valid response to killing children, then?

To use Father Heathen's analogy, you literally believe that becoming a child molester is a justified response to having your children molested?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Glad to see one of you acknowledge that hamas kills civilians.
Yeah, no ****. I'm anti killing innocent people, which would obviously make me anti Hamas.

Until hamas changes their position on destroying Israel, Israel is quite justified in responding in kind to hamas.
Right, but innocent civilians - especially children - aren't Hamas. It's disingenuous to conflate the two.

Weren't you pro-life? Or do the lives of children stop mattering once they become actual children?