• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is being gay considered wrong?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Hmmm... perhaps nonda. But if that's true, then heterosexuality is taught and learned as well. I don't know about the other non-heterosexuals on the forum, but I don't recall anyone sitting me down and teaching me about being gay. I do however very clearly remember the heterosexual sex talks at home, church and school. So please explain why I am not heterosexual if it was taught to me and homosexuality/bisexuality never was.

N

nonda

Teachings come from everywhere, what we watch on tv to what we read in books, newspapers and mags. Even what we see. Just cause someone does not sit you down and tell you face to face does not mean that you do not already know about it.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
nonda said:
Teachings come from everywhere, what we watch on tv to what we read in books, newspapers and mags. Even what we see. Just cause someone does not sit you down and tell you face to face does not mean that you do not already know about it.

Then how come none of the rest of my 5 siblings are gay? I mean, we were in the exact same environment, and very sheltered. No (out) gay family members to speak of. In fact, I really didn't know what "homosexual" meant until I was in high school, (although thanks to the church I grew up in I knew that is was one of the worst things you could ever be called).

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
nonda said:
The most brilliant mind of our time has proven that fact. You are not born with it because your body dose not reach puberty until a certain stage of every human life. Sigmud Fraud. Read it!!!
Actually, Freud was among the first to point out that sexuality developes earlier than puberty.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Even if it is taught, (which I do not believe it is and would mean that heterosexuality is taught as well), that doesn't make is inherently wrong.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello, Nonda, and welcome!

nonda said:
The most brilliant mind of our time has proven that fact. You are not born with it because your body dose not reach puberty until a certain stage of every human life. Sigmud Fraud. Read it!!!
Perhaps a Freudian slip on the name, there? (Okay, since I dislike him, I'm biased, hehee.) I would also love to debate about him being the most brilliant mind of our time, but we could do that in another thread.

He also taught that all women secretly desire to have dangly bits. I really, really don't.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Kowalski said:
How Bizarre, how do you teach what comes natural and that which is:tsk: unatural ?
Since when does anyone need to teach what comes natural to our species? Or do you have a special definition of "natural" that I'm unaware of?

joeboonda

From a Biblical view, God made them male and female (people and animals), and the man to cleave unto his wife. That would be the 'natural' way, as animals all reproduce after their own kind, and that can be done only with male and female. So anything else would be unnatural.

And I am talking of humans and MOST animals. LOL, my wife and daughter saw a female cow humping on another female cow, and asked if they were gay, lol. The farmer said that happens sometimes when a certain scent is released. But, when God created everything, he said it was good, so after the fall, things began to change, animals and humans too, but I ramble.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't think of natural as what the bible teaches, I think of natural as what can be observed in nature.

joeboonda

Sunstone said:
I don't think of natural as what the bible teaches, I think of natural as what can be observed in nature.
That's cool, I was just sharing what I felt was the Biblical answer, just like someone might share a scientific answer, or an answer from the Koran, or just their own opinion, I was just sharing what I felt to be the Biblical perspective, just to add more variety, not for argument. I just chillin :) PEACE!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Maize said:
*sniffs armpits* Feathers, do I smell?
Not that I know of! (I was merely taking what I saw as the silliness in saying one type of sex being 'okay' while viewing the other as 'sick' to the opposite approach. I hope I didn't come across as thinking I actually believed such a thing. *worries if she did*)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Not that I know of! (I was merely taking what I saw as the silliness in saying one type of sex being 'okay' while viewing the other as 'sick' to the opposite approach. I hope I didn't come across as thinking I actually believed such a thing. *worries if she did*)
No, no dear! I was referring to joeboonda's story about the 2 female cows and the scent... and well, I thought it was funny. :p

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Obviously, the farmer who owned the cows was lax in not having read the bible to them so that the cows could have learned from it what was natural and what was unnatural.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Maize said:
No, no dear! I was referring to joeboonda's story about the 2 female cows and the scent... and well, I thought it was funny. :p
Oh, whew! I was so worried about having offended someone that I saw your post, and didn't look back to see if it was referring to something other than my carrying on earlier.

I'm afraid that if someone is reading the bible to the cows, I'm going to sneak into the fields and read them other religious texts, including ones that suggest atheism might be a option. Cows should be given all the options! (I've got a sneaking suspicion most would turn out to be Hindu. I wonder why that is...:sarcastic )