• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Homosexuality EVIL?

Curious question for all who oppose homosexuality. Why do you? why is it bad, or evil, or immoral, or a sin, or whatever negative description you wish to assign it?

because god said so? because you were raised that way? try to dig deeper. what is it really that bothers you about homosexuality? what gets your blood boiling?

Hi my 2nd post here, so here goes. You are asking why is it, homosexuality, evil. Then also asking, "what really bothers you about it".

For the record those are two very different questions.

First, in order for anyone to explain why it is evil, it would be helpful to have an agreed upon understanding of what evil is.
I should think, that is the harder task to do. When and if you get that part figured out, we will be able to address the first part of the question.

Next, does our personal opinion really matter to you that much? It seems to me that inviting such a response will only lead to arguments. So I would be much more interested in facts or data than someone's opinion.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Oh, i dont know, how about HOMOPHOBIA for starters. Duh!

Oh well, then if people start having phobia to religion, should we abolish that :p ?

Well, you´ve find a difference. An important one.

Bestiality and homosexuality are no longer a reasonable moral comparison.

jamesmorrow

Oh well, then if people start having phobia to religion, should we abolish that :p ?

Well, you´ve find a difference. An important one.

Bestiality and homosexuality are no longer a reasonable moral comparison.

You cant compare homophobia to religious phobia....... its not the same...... religion(christian religion) produces good, moral people, while evil homosexual activities produce santorum..........

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I doubt it. I think he is saying that as long as you have a pure heart and pure intentions in relation to god's will. And dont knowingly or intentionally oppose god's will, homosexuals should be fine. What i pointed out is that the same would apply to murderers of homosexuals who also in their hearts believe to do god's will.....it shouldnt be about good intentions and a clear conscience. Cause its a slippery slope

Only he'll be able to tell us which he was thinking, if either.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You cant compare homophobia to religious phobia....... its not the same...... religion(christian religion) produces good, moral people, while evil homosexual activities produce santorum..........

I´ve never seen a good person do something bad because of lack of religion.

I have seen countless of times good persons doing bad things for religion though.

Religion can be very bad sometimes. It truly can.

In any case, were you seriously saying homoophobia is a good enough reason to opose someone else´s rights?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Fair enough. to answer your question I get my idea from fox news fair and balanced. They do a great service for the american population.

Now u answer mine.

Haha yes, I love Fox News for their lack of political bias too!

They shipped me this free Brainwash™ shampoo, so considerate of them :p

jamesmorrow

I´ve never seen a good person do something bad because of lack of religion.

I have seen countless of times good persons doing bad things for religion though.

Religion can be very bad sometimes. It truly can.

In any case, were you seriously saying homoophobia is a good enough reason to opose someone else´s rights?

I agree that religion can be bad, but christian religion is good...

And no, i was saying that homophobia is a disease caused by homosexuals in response to your argument that homosexuality caused no new diseases..... after that your argument pretty much crumbled....you still cant dispute that evil homosexual acts cause santorum

Me Myself

Back to my username
I agree that religion can be bad, but christian religion is good...

And no, i was saying that homophobia is a disease caused by homosexuals in response to your argument that homosexuality caused no new diseases..... after that your argument pretty much crumbled....you still cant dispute that evil homosexual acts cause santorum

phobia is not a reasonable response.

Christian religion has caused horrible things through history too. Reality is both good and bad things come from religion.

jamesmorrow

phobia is not a reasonable response.

Christian religion has caused horrible things through history too. Reality is both good and bad things come from religion.

But only bad things come from homosexuality. homosexual acts are the leading cause of santorum in the world today. You cant argue with that.

Me Myself

Back to my username
But only bad things come from homosexuality. homosexual acts are the leading cause of santorum in the world today. You cant argue with that.

Many things are risky, that doesn´t mean they are inherently bad.

Many sports are risky, that doesn´t make them evil.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
The myriad number of Abrahamaic faiths (which is who this is normally attributed to) do not....believe or hold that homosexuality is evil or even a sin for that matter. What they object to is gay marriage; which in turn inflames people to believe that they are homophobic, intolerant, and bigoted. Some may very well be all those things but I for one don't believe most are. Some of our own priests are homosexual and it's shunned upon to show such behaivor toward them and they'll be the first to disagree with gay marriage.