• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews and Christians do not accept Islam?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope. The rules are eternal whether they are written or not.
That makes no sense. How do people follow rules if it's not revealed to them on earth in terms of rituals? And if they are eternal, why would they not be constantly revealed since Adam (a) till now?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That makes no sense

It makes sense. You can't make sense of it? That's not my problem. You're a Muslim. I'm not trying to convince you.

It's written in the Quran: God's law is not eternal. That is a deal breaker for me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope. The rules are eternal whether they are written or not.

Whether they are on earth is irrelevant.
Whether they are written is irrelevant.
Whether they are known is irrelevant.

They are eternal because God is literally and absolutely infinite.

Do all animals have to follow these rules too? Think about it.

Humans are created in God's image fine. Do Angels follow the same rules? Michael means like God.

So rules are made for our benefit. Some rules are in tune with the light of God and need no revelation.

Some rules are rituals. Rituals are particular with the scripture. They are complimented by the scripture and make people understand inward signs with outward behavior as a reminder.

For example, Ruku and Sujood are highly complimentary of how God has related the titles "ali" "atheem" with himself, to God's chosen, and to believers honor. The mention of "Lord of the highest" in Salah in sujood, is particular to Surah Taha and what was said to Musa (a) "You are the highest". None of these rituals are in a vacuum. "Lord of Haroun and Musa" "Lord of Musa and Haroun" (Twice) all compliment it too and give it life and meaning.

The Salawat on the family of Mohammad (S) in Salah for example - the two Ahlulbayt verses in Quran compliment it. Rituals are not revealed in a vacuum but are particular to the revelation. The revelation is particular to the situation of the people.

The only thing with Quran and Sunnah, I believe it's from Mohammad (s) until the world ends. However, hadiths show Imam Mahdi (a) will judge regarding things Quran and Sunnah had no explicit mention. For example, healthcare didn't exist during time of Mohamad (s) as medicine was not that advanced in those times.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

You cannot debate it. I can. This should demonstrate the difference between us. My methods work. All you have is name calling.

It's true that the public at large is influenced by political campaigns using shallow slogans and slinging mud. But people hate political advertising. It's slimy, deceptive, and gross.

Even if people hate me, I know what I'm talking about. But. At least I don't slither like a snake. At least I don't scurry like a rat.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The law is not incumbent on animals, however they always do the will of God, their maker.
If you study nature, you will see animals exhibit all sorts of behavior but you will find similar in some humans in some fashion. We are to pick the best traits from all things, but like I explained, situation changes things.

For example Imam Mahdi (a) will he cancel health care because the Quran and Sunnah is not explicit about it? The closest thing I see to promoting healthcare is the sermon of Mina of Imam Hussain (a), but that is indirect promotion of taking care of sick and chronically ill by the society and government, it says nothing of the details.

Should traffic rules be cancelled because they are not in the Quran or Sunnah??

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So rules are made for our benefit.

Isaiah writes our thoughts are not like God's thoughts. You're on a fool's errand looking for benefits and rationalizing your position this way.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isaiah writes our thoughts are not like God's thoughts. You're on a fool's errand looking for benefits and rationalizing your position this way.
What's the purpose of a ritual per your understanding?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
If you study nature

Irrelevant.

It's written in the Quran: God's law is not eternal. That is a deal breaker for me. A prophet if God would know, foreknowledge, the chaos this would cause. The fact it's written in the Quran disproves the author's perfect prophecy.

The compromise, the reasonable solution?

No one is a perfect prophet. There is one and one one which is perfect. None of the others are perfect. Agreed?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Irrelevant.

It's written in the Quran: God's law is not eternal. That is a deal breaker for me. A prophet if God would know, foreknowledge, the chaos this would cause. The fact it's written in the Quran disproves the author's perfect prophecy.

No one is a perfect prophet. There is one and one one which is perfect. None of the others are perfect. Agreed?
Where does it say in the Torah to follow traffic rules?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Irrelevant
You brought up Midrash. It is relevant. Why did you bring it u if it is not relevant?

Midrash is a later day interpretation of Hebrew scripture. By the evidence the Torah was written and compiled after 600 BCE.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Irrelevant.

Understand that the prophet of the time is relevant to time and culture of the age. I do not believe that compromise is an option between the ancient religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Each of the conflicting religions claim their Prophet or Messiah is perfect. Yes there are extreme contradictions claiming one ancient religion over the other as the only true one today.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You brought up Midrash. It is relevant. Why did you bring it u if it is not relevant?

The concept is relevant. When it was included in a collection of commentary is not.

Midrash is a later day interpretation of Hebrew scripture. By the evidence the Torah was written and compiled after 600 BCE.

The concept is relevant. When it was included in a collection of commentary is not.