• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews and Christians do not accept Islam?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
It was too vague.

It was too vague.

If you don't know the law, then you cannot rationally argue that it is irrelevant or insignificant.

The age of the law is irrelevant. Does the law prohibiting murder expire?

Does the law prohibiting murder expire?

^^ FAITH ^^

You don't know why.

The age of the law is irrelevant. Does the law prohibiting murder expire?

^^ FAITH ^^

Noah's covenant is eternal.

Moses' covenant is eternal.

Abraham's covenant is eternal.

God's covenants are eternal. Past, present, future.

God's covenants are eternal. Past, present, future.

You are right about the Covenants of Noah, Abraham and Moses being eternal, from spiritual perspective.

I quote Abdu'l-Baha:

"The religion of God consists of two parts: One is the very foundation and belongs to the spiritual realm; that is, it pertains to spiritual virtues and divine qualities. .... It is faith, knowledge, certitude, justice, piety, high-mindedness, trustworthiness, love of God, and charity. It is mercy to the poor, assistance to the oppressed, generosity to the needy, and upliftment of the fallen. It is purity, detachment, humility, forbearance, patience, and constancy.

These are divine qualities. These commandments will never be abrogated, but will remain in force and effect for all eternity. These human virtues are renewed in every Dispensation; ...

The second part of the religion of God, which pertains to the material world and which concerns such things as fasting; prayer; worship; marriage; divorce; manumission; legal rulings; transactions; and penalties and punishments for murder, assault, theft, and injury, is changed and altered in every prophetic Dispensation and may be abrogated—for policies, transactions, punishments, and other laws are bound to change according to the exigencies of the time.

Blessings to you, your family, and your community. Sincerely,

Thank you, same to you.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Elohim is a word, not a name. The name of Elohim is I AM. Exodus 3. 'God' conflates singular words like El with the plural word Elohim.

You've resorted to repeating the same declaration of faith?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You are right about the Covenants of Noah, Abraham and Moses being eternal, from spiritual perspective.

:):thumbsup:

The law is eternal. The eternal covenant requires eternal law. You can't have an eternal covenant of that sort without it.

Agreed?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I quote Abdu'l-Baha:

I quote Moshe Rabbeinu:

17:8
כי יפלא ממך דבר למשפט בין־דם לדם בין־דין לדין ובין נגע לנגע דברי ריבת בשעריך וקמת ועלית אל־המקום אשר יבחר יהוה אלהיך בו׃
If there arises a matter too hard for you in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between plague and plague, being matters of controversy inside your gates; then shall you arise, and get to the place which the Lord your God shall choose;

17:9
ובאת אל־הכהנים הלוים ואל־השפט אשר יהיה בימים ההם ודרשת והגידו לך את דבר המשפט׃
And you shall come to the priests the Levites, and to the judge who shall be in those days, and inquire; and they shall declare to you the sentence of judgment;

17:10
ועשית על־פי הדבר אשר יגידו לך מן־המקום ההוא אשר יבחר יהוה ושמרת לעשות ככל אשר יורוך׃
And you shall do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the Lord shall choose shall declare to you; and you shall take care to do according to all that they inform you;

17:11
על־פי התורה אשר יורוך ועל־המשפט אשר־יאמרו לך תעשה לא תסור מן־הדבר אשר־יגידו לך ימין ושמאל׃
According to the sentence of the Torah which they shall teach you, and according to the judgment which they shall tell you, you shall do; you shall not decline from the sentence which they shall declare to you, to the right hand, nor to the left.

17:12
והאיש אשר־יעשה בזדון לבלתי שמע אל־הכהן העמד לשרת שם את־יהוה אלהיך או אל־השפט ומת האיש ההוא ובערת הרע מישראל׃
And the man who will act presumptuously, and will not listen to the priest who stands to minister there before the Lord your God, or to the judge, that man shall die; and you shall put away
the evil from Israel.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Firstly, did you know that, when Muhammad was among people of Arabia, many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in Him? (Right or wrong?l

Secondly, why the Jews and Christians,.now do not believe in Muhammad?

Honestly, I think that Islam and Mormonism were, respectively, an aberration and addition to the Biblical teachings. With Islam the sociopolitical protestation of Muhammad, and with Mormonism the, well, sort of delusional cultural appropriation of Joseph Smith.

The infiltration of pagan influence with Jewish Christian thinking didn't happen overnight. Christmas, for example, wasn't accepted by mainstream Christianity until the 1840s when Dickens wrote Christmas Carol. The cross didn't start appearing in Christian practice until after Constantine's vision of his phallic fertility symbol in battle 400 years after Christ. I think Islam was a moral, social and political criticism, but it wasn't a very informed one. It was correct in some respects, for example, the trinity, but like the Pharisees it overstepped the divine instruction given the Jews and Christians.

And then, of course, you have the creative elaboration taking place with Islam that you had with those paradigms as well. That's the nature of religion. But is all of that reason for them to reject Muhammad? Perhaps to some extent over time, but I think overall it is more a geographic, social and political issue.

Ebionite

Every word is a name. Seriously. Define Mosheh"name" and I'll show you.

All Hebrew names have meanings.
By name I mean a proper name. For example the Hebrew word shaitan is a title, not a proper name. Names have meanings, as you say.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
I quote Moshe Rabbeinu:

17:8
כי יפלא ממך דבר למשפט בין־דם לדם בין־דין לדין ובין נגע לנגע דברי ריבת בשעריך וקמת ועלית אל־המקום אשר יבחר יהוה אלהיך בו׃
If there arises a matter too hard for you in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between plague and plague, being matters of controversy inside your gates; then shall you arise, and get to the place which the Lord your God shall choose;

How would we know which place the Lord shall choose in those Days?

Unless, Lord speaks to people in the same way, He talked to people at the time of Moses, which means, a new Prophet to come to relay the words of God.

17:9
ובאת אל־הכהנים הלוים ואל־השפט אשר יהיה בימים ההם ודרשת והגידו לך את דבר המשפט׃
And you shall come to the priests the Levites, and to the judge who shall be in those days, and inquire; and they shall declare to you the sentence of judgment;

well, I believe "in those days" have come to pass, and is in our Time, for Baha'is, the Judge is Universal House of Justice, and is appointed through the new Covenant.

It is exactly as you quoted. If we have a question and is difficult to figure out, we ask UHJ.

Ebionite

I think Islam was a moral, social and political criticism, but it wasn't a very informed one. It was correct in some respects, for example, the trinity, but like the Pharisees it overstepped the divine instruction given the Jews and Christians.
Islam was correct about the crucifixion, the account is consistent with the rescue described in Isaiah 53. Also Isaiah's reference to a sealed book and an illiterate/unlearned man matches the events of the cave of Hira, where Muhammad protests that he is illiterate and is pressed like a seal.

MJ Bailey

Honestly did not read all of the posts after OP; however, belief, faith, Him. Why is there a Religion outside of? Oh that's right a reason for religion. Humans always need an argument.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
By name I mean a proper name. For example the Hebrew word shaitan is a title, not a proper name. Names have meanings, as you say.

Ok. Their titles which describe the specific manner of the revelation.

Exodus 3:14 has Elohim responding with the name of I AM.

That name is a hidden, concealed, name. God never reveals itself using that name.

Let's start with this one. Please spell it in Hebrew. Include the vowel sound.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
How would we know which place the Lord shall choose in those Days?

It's written. Going from memory, I think it's 1 kings 8.

Unless, Lord speaks to people in the same way, He talked to people at the time of Moses, which means, a new Prophet to come to relay the words of God.

Yes. That's true. A prophet would be able to designate a place. But they would not be able to over-rule, change, omit, negate, neglect God's eternal law.

"in those days"

The Judges Priests and Levites of the current age, in those days, have authority to interpret the law. But they cannot erase, replace, omit, edit, append, neglect, or abrogate God's eternal law.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Firstly, did you know that, when Muhammad was among people of Arabia, many of Arab Jews and Christians believed in Him? (Right or wrong?l

Many? I don't know about many. There are always a handful of people who will convert to some new religion. But most people are more than happy in the religion they already have. I see no reason to be anything other than a Jew. Islam doesn't offer me anything worthwhile that I don't already find in Judaism.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
"Christmas began to be widely celebrated with a specific liturgy in the 9th century..." (Britannica)

What does "with a specific liturgy" mean and by whom was it celebrated in the 9th century and how? What did I say? I said Christmas wasn't accepted by mainstream Christians until the 1840s after Dickens Christmas Carol.

The same article says "None of the contemporary Christmas customs have their origin in theological or liturgical affirmations, and most are of fairly recent date." (Source)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You know what struck me on a recent trip to South Korea? That the Buddhist monks were so devout... and so many people!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I've been re-thinking this. I think Islam has stopped spreading largely because of translations in English. To many important verses are mistranslated. The heart of the message is not seen, and so if the foundation of all foundations of it is not seen, how can a person understand?

PearlSeeker

What does "with a specific liturgy" mean and by whom was it celebrated in the 9th century and how? What did I say? I said Christmas wasn't accepted by mainstream Christians until the 1840s after Dickens Christmas Carol.

The same article says "None of the contemporary Christmas customs have their origin in theological or liturgical affirmations, and most are of fairly recent date." (Source)

Specific liturgy means celebrated with special communion rite (mass). By whom? The article says it "began to be widely celebrated".

Christmas customs (like Christmas tree) are not the same as Christmas and Christmas liturgy. The holiday itself is much earlier.