• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

Colt

You said "Michael creator Son". What do you mean by that?
It means that I believe that our Creator Son, creator of this world, is named Michael in heaven. While on earth Gabriel instructed Mary to name the incarnate Son Jesus. Successfully completing the incarnation he is now known in heaven as “Christ Michael”.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
True, we are all Sons of God, but Christ Michael is a divine Creator Son who came down from heaven and lived the human life. Jesus chose “son of man” as his title NOT Jewish Messiah .

That's so much better. Any theology where God is not the creator of all, where anything is excluded from that dominion, is a totally different religion.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

I vote: If I'm going this direction, the gospels do not describe Michael, they are describing Metatron.

Michael is hard right, so to speak. Metatron is centrist, so to speak. Jesus, in the gospels is sealing the breech. Bridging a gap. That's central.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It means that I believe that our Creator Son, creator of this world, is named Michael in heaven. While on earth Gabriel instructed Mary to name the incarnate Son Jesus. Successfully completing the incarnation he is now known in heaven as “Christ Michael”.
Okay. Where does that belief come from? Text or your personal feeling?

InChrist

Free4ever
It doesn't say that.

Also, the OP is not talking about "legally adoptive ancestry". Neither does the Bible.

This is just made up.

Also the Bible has two different genealogies for Jesus, a being who is not supposed to have any genealogy, being God's son, and also an eternal being.

Too many contradictions. You made an absurd point.
Obviously, Jesus, though He is eternal, has an earthly genealogy since He became flesh, as shown in the scriptures; one biological through His mother Mary and one legally through Joseph connecting Him to the line of David. I don’t see contradictions and it does say…

The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham:

2 Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Judah and his brothers. 3 Judah begot Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez begot Hezron, and Hezron begot Ram. 4 Ram begot Amminadab, Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon. 5 Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse, 6 and Jesse begot David the king.

David the king begot Solomon by her [b]who had been the wife of Uriah. 7 Solomon begot Rehoboam, Rehoboam begot Abijah, and Abijah begot [c]Asa. 8 Asa begot Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat begot Joram, and Joram begot Uzziah. 9 Uzziah begot Jotham, Jotham begot Ahaz, and Ahaz begot Hezekiah. 10 Hezekiah begot Manasseh, Manasseh begot [d]Amon, and Amon begot Josiah. 11 Josiah begot [e]Jeconiah and his brothers about the time they were carried away to Babylon.

12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jeconiah begot Shealtiel, and Shealtiel begot Zerubbabel. 13 Zerubbabel begot Abiud, Abiud begot Eliakim, and Eliakim begot Azor. 14 Azor begot Zadok, Zadok begot Achim, and Achim begot Eliud. 15 Eliud begot Eleazar, Eleazar begot Matthan, and Matthan begot Jacob. 16 And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.
Matthew 1:1-16

Jesus is also referred to as son of David throughout the NT.

InChrist

Free4ever
And those "lost sheep" were greatly integrated into the gentile populations of Hellenistic culture. This is where the earliest Church fathers failed. They bent the message to the ears instead of bending ears to the message.
The lost sheep/Jews were not actually lost as far as where they were physically located, in my perspective. The Jewish people may have been integrated into gentile cultures, yet Jews have for the most part always preserved their own Jewish traditions and culture wherever they have gone.

I’m not sure what mean about the church fathers bending the message.

JameScott

Being a non-trinitarian doesn't make much difference to me, nor does quoting the Christian bible to me since I don't believe in it. If you are not familiar with messianic prophecy I suggest looking it up, as I don't have the hours of time needed to look up references and explain them.

If you really care here is a reference: Mashiach: The Messiah - Judaism 101 (JewFAQ)
I have had the privilege of reading this writing referenced. It is understandable why the Jews don't believe in Jesus according to the reasons provided. However, from the referenced information, I wonder if it is possible to say for certain that the Jews still miss the point, and are therefore left waiting for the Mashiach? I am inclined to think so. Here is why:

The key sign of error in the referenced information is the denial of the existence of Jesus (by using the words, "assuming he existed"). This is, I think, a very bad starting point in asserting any truth. I will not labour to prove his existence (you can find basic evidence here, or else where. if you like), considering you have not disputed his existence in your post, but rather objected to him being the messiah. My point here is this;

If you believe something strongly, the least you can do is analyse it for truth. A half truth is a lie as well. Starting with facts, one can review what they believe is true.

That said, If I were a Jew seeking truth, the questions for my honest consideration in answering the messiahship of Jesus would be: If Jesus existed,
1. Who was he?
2. What was his teaching?
3. Did he Die? (Why and how?)
4. Did he rise from the dead?
5. What did the eye witnesses say?
6. Is any part of the NT true?
7. Could Jesus be the promised king in Zechariah 14?
(For this last question, I would consider reading the Revelation of Jesus Christ, The account of John).
There I would 'probably' find one who fulfils the prophecies about the Mashiach which you listed. The one who matches the requirements.

Considering the reasons given why the Jews don't believe, Isaiah 55 comes to mind, particularly verses 8 - 11. I think this is a compelling reason to reconsider the disbelief.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The lost sheep/Jews were not actually lost as far as where they were physically located, in my perspective. The Jewish people may have been integrated into gentile cultures, yet Jews have for the most part always preserved their own Jewish traditions and culture wherever they have gone.

I’m not sure what mean about the church fathers bending the message.
Turning the Jesus's teaching of The Way into a new pagan religion known as Christianity, IMB.

Betho_br

Golden Rule:

Christ: "Do to others what you would have them do to you" (Matthew 7:12).

Confucius: "Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you" (Analects 15:23).

Why should a Jew not believe in Jesus?

I Am Hugh

Researcher
I posted a link that explains messianic prophecy in detail. If you're too lazy to read it then I have no reason to care about your objections.
Says someone who posts a thread about objection to Jesus who isn't interested in Christian scripture. I'm not interested in apostate Jewish tradition.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
It doesn't matter if Jesus was adopted. If a baby is born with a Levite father and the second the cord is cut I turn and give that baby to a Benjaminite, that baby is still a Levite by birth.
Maybe not according to you, better check your Hebrew scripture.

Ebionite

Why should a Jew not believe in Jesus?
Because there is little if any Hebrew scripture that identifies Jesus as a messiah, and Christian doctrine is not well supported by the Tanak.

On the other hand, there Hebrew scripture about the righteous servant (Isaiah 53 and Psalm 35) has several connections to the Jesus of the gospels, although the Christian crucifixion narrative is not a good fit for Isaiah 53.

Sometimes etymology proves its ability to render a position entirely impotent -- see etymology fallacy.

I am far from an expert on Christian theology, but the following is worth emphasizing:

Original sin may be taken to mean: (1) the sin that Adam committed; (2) a consequence of this first sin, the hereditary stain with which we are born on account of our origin or descent from Adam.​
....​
I have understood sin is to reject God, or to be without God. Because of Adam and Eve, we are born apart from God, in separation from Him, which I think means, we are born in sin. Luckily that is not a problem, because there is a way back to God.

But, what do you think sin means?

Ebionite

I have understood sin is to reject God, or to be without God. Because of Adam and Eve, we are born apart from God, in separation from Him, which I think means, we are born in sin.
That doctrine draws from Paul's misrepresentation of David's sin in Romans 3:4