• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why "one God"?

morphesium

Everything is in plurality isn't correct statement.

we have only one H2O which is water ...

Scientifically we have multiple waters. we have protium dioxide, Deuterium dioxide, Tritium dioxide. and again we have three isotopes for oxygen. thats 2x3x3 = 18 different water molecules. each having different weight, and slightly different properties. Just for your information. thanking you

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
so we have "zero " God for Atheists.
One God for monotheists
and many for polytheists.

Now, that you happened to be a monotheist, why did you accept it? simply because religion said so or because you had reasons?

Because of the events, prophets have the power of prophecy and what they said become true.
When war started on Iraq and sanctions were forced on them i waited for the 2nd event which is Syria and i expected it to happen according to the prophecy, others may regard it as a coincidence but i don't believe in coincidences and chances.

morphesium

Who are your Gods that you know them.

i believe that Islam is the truth and hence i believe what it says,

That is my opinion and i don't know why it bothers you.

great. but then why did you accept Islam is truth? Out of fear of those people surrounding you, fearing their punishments?

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
You have something missing my friend. One can't throw assumptions and say Allah should do this and that. But rather one should understand of why things are that way rather than saying this should be this and that should be that.

Epicurius's problem of evil is a dilemma for monotheists about their belief in an omnimax god, not assumptions about that god.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Than he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Than he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing- than whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing- than why call him a god?"- Epicurius

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
And how do you know there are many Gods and how they become many Gods, are they fighting each others or living in peace.

It isn't about which God/Gods we believe in as we don't know how God look like but we know what religions.

Just to give examples, atheists don't have problems with adultery whereas i find it offensive, they don't have problems with prostitution whereas i find it offensive ...etc

I believe about my religion and i believe what it says that God is only one that what i believe and its up to you to believe that there are billions of Gods breeding like animals.

Everything eventually comes down to sex to you, doesn't it? You have some real deep-seated issues with sex. I suggest seeing a good therapist. This obsession with sex as a negative comes up with a tired predictability with you. You need to accept that sex is part of life and be at peace with it.

Sabour

Epicurius's problem of evil is a dilemma for monotheists about their belief in an omnimax god, not assumptions about that god.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Than he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Than he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing- than whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing- than why call him a god?"- Epicurius

Why you are saying it is a dilemma for momotheists? Are you saying am not a monotheists?

I know the answers to these questions. As I told you Quraan has answers for all of these questions. I still don't know how you guys come up with these conclusions.

Evil that exists is simply a part of life and a part of the test we are taking in this life. That is to put in a simple way.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

From a non-dualist perspective there is no evil.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Scientifically we have multiple waters. we have protium dioxide, Deuterium dioxide, Tritium dioxide. and again we have three isotopes for oxygen. thats 2x3x3 = 18 different water molecules. each having different weight, and slightly different properties. Just for your information. thanking you

Can they replace the drinking water ?
Do they naturally exist or manufactured ?

morphesium

Monotheism just makes sense to me. All is one, One is all. It feels right. You can only have one beginning of everything and one end of everything. And one God to make it all happen.

But, aside from that, I believe in Monotheism because I've had an experience and have come to know the reality of the 'Abrahamic' God. Monotheism or Polytheism never really came into it, And what I mean by that is that it wasn't really a choice.

so could you please tell me any of the properties of this God, how it looks, stuff like that.
bye the way, do you believe in genetics?

morphesium

The Bible reveals there is only one true God; "one God and Father of all." (Ephesians 4:6) Since I am convinced the Bible is God's Word, I accept the reality that Jehovah is the One and only God. All other gods are false and nonexistent, IMO.
The bible also talks about Geocentric theory. do you still believe it?. we are now sure it is not the case. why did God went wrong in this case?

Sabour

And I said prove it.
I told you logically but I will give it a shot.

Do you believe that there is One God and many gods in the same time?

If you say you believe in One God, do you believe Jesus peace be upon him was a prophet and not a prophet in the same time?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
There is good and there is bad, do you think that there are many Satans or none, and if none , why there is none.

I don't believe in the Abrahamic version of Satan, no. Why? Because it is not a part of my belief system.
There is good and bad, that is a correct statement.

Do you believe in Dagda, son of Danu, bringer of justice, King of Gods? If no, why?

Do you see how silly of a question that is?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I told you logically but I will give it a shot.

Do you believe that there is One God and many gods in the same time?

If you say you believe in One God, do you believe Jesus peace be upon him was a prophet and not a prophet in the same time?

Well, if you're putting it that way, then no.