• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why The Hate For Brexit Voters?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the vicious circle of the farm economy.

I'll repeat, if people won't pay a fair tate for their food then how the hell are farmers supposed to pay a fair wage?
I take it you can afford bread.

Not everyone can afford their food shop.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I was raised on a farm trust me, most of them are not rich.
Yeah, I was raised among farms and farmers. The county was consistently Tory voting farmers with vast amounts of land.

Mum's ex step dad, millionaire landowning farmer.

Many of them simply are very, very wealthy.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Why is it right? What is the prestige from?
Because the people in those places want to be British, not Argentine or Spanish

Indeed they are British

And if we can't defend our citizens from knavish forigen plots that makes us pathetic

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Welcome to the vicious circle of the farm economy.

I'll repeat, if people won't pay a fair tate for their food then how the hell are farmers supposed to pay a fair wage?
You raise the wages of the working class and middle class so the majority of people can have more money to buy things. If I have enough money otherwise, I won't mind paying a little more. It's pretty simple.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I take it you can afford bread.

Not everyone can afford their food shop.

Ive worked hard to afford bread, whats your excuse (sarcasm works both ways)

And farmers cannot afford to give it away. So what's the answer.

Before he retired my dad was getting 34 pence per litre for milk. With that he had to feed and house the cattle, pay vets bills, pay for help, pay for the land, etc, etc. and give himself enough to restock and to live himself.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
And farmers cannot afford to give it away. So what's the answer.

Before he retired my dad was getting 34 pence per litre for milk. With that he had to feed and house the cattle, pay vets bills, pay for help, pay for the land, etc, etc. and give himself enough to restock and to live himself.
You seem to be talking about a small farm.

I mean, in Yorkshire as you know we're talking vast, vast acres of land. It's not the same.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You raise the wages of the working class and middle class so the majority of people can have more money to buy things. If I have enough money otherwise, I won't mind paying a little more. It's pretty simple.

Magic wands would be good too.

You are not very good at the farming economy are you?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yeah, I was raised among farms and farmers. The county was consistently Tory voting farmers with vast amounts of land.

Mum's ex step dad, millionaire landowning farmer.

Many of them simply are very, very wealthy.

And many more are not

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Magic wands would be good too.

You are not very good at the farming economy are you?
I'm a city boy but I know the basics of reality in capitalism. I also know most of the excuses for not paying workers a living wage are total bs. The nerve of the food industry (which I also work in and there's farmland all around since this is Ohio, after all). As if people aren't eating as much anymore. :rolleyes::mad:

Anyway, either pay at least the minimum wage or go out of business.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Er, because hundreds of acres make way more money than only a few?

Land is inherently valuable. More land more value.

And costs increase, it's only a matter of scale.

The dairy farmer with 2000 head of cattle still gets (about) 35p per litre for milk just as the farmer with 100 head or 10 head.
They have to house and feed and milk those 2000 head just the same

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
And costs increase, it's only a matter of scale.

The dairy farmer with 2000 head of cattle still gets (about) 35p per litre for milk just as the farmer with 100 head or 10 head.
They have to house and feed and milk those 2000 head just the same
Of course, but they have a much bigger market share and larger audience. They can sell more, make more, grow more and adapt better. More people buy the milk from well-known retailers which use large dairy farms for milk. It's just not the same. You don't buy milk from tiny family dairies at M&S.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
And thats what's happening because minimum wage is not enough for brits to live in the luxury social security allows them
Wtf luxury?

Have you seen the cost of energy lately? No-one can afford to even rent, let alone buy a house and you want to whine they want to live in luxury on £11/hour or on the dole? You think welfare pays well?

I mean, really?

We just want to be able to pay basic living costs.

I don't know where the hell you are but I don't think it's representative at all.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of course, but they have a much bigger market share and larger audience. They can sell more, make more, grow more and adapt better. More people buy the milk from well-known retailers which use large dairy farms for milk. It's just not the same. You don't buy milk from tiny family dairies at M&S.

Arla is not fussy it collects fom large and small farms.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wtf luxury?

Have you seen the cost of energy lately? No-one can afford to even rent, let alone buy a house and you want to whine they want to live in luxury on £11/hour or on the dole? You think welfare pays well?

I mean, really?

We just want to be able to pay basic living costs.

I don't know where the hell you are but I don't think it's representative at all.

Brexit is a bugger isn't it, helping to push up inflation like that.
And im pretty sure the cost of energy is roughly the same for everyone.

So why are brits not willing to work?

BTW that was what is called sarcasm

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you kidding? It most certainly is not. One of those companies tried to siwindle my ex out of £600!

Electricity costs are far higher than most people can pay, so if you can pay them you're incredibly lucky. Everyone I know is leaving their heating off and freezing in sub-zero homes. If this isn't you you have wealth the majority lack.

Why on earth are you doing this? As if you aren't aware of these things? Prices of houses, food, electricity, everything has skyrocketed all over Europe, it's **** all to do with Brexit.

It's like you don't gaf about poor people and believe they're just lazy grunts who won't work for a minimum wage, which you seem to think would support them to rent and grocery shop. It doesn't.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

So why are brits not willing to work?

BTW that was what is called sarcasm
Inflation is a global problem. We're having it really badly over here in the US. The price of food and everything is going through the roof.