• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why The Hate For Brexit Voters?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Just as shocking is the actual reality - eg less health sector workers - what's that got to do with elite bankers and corporate types? I'll give you a clue: **** all.

Maybe stick to something you know about.
Maybe log off and stop being so rude to people on a message board. I haven't done a thing to you but reply to your responses to me. You made the choice to interact with me and I haven't been rude to you, so don't give me ****.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Remain wasn't 'sexy' or rebellious.
It had Cameron and Corbyn leading it.
The press and TV promoted Brexit - just check which politician appeared on Question Time the most. (Clue: He wasn't an MP)
Cameron was an *** who wouldn't dare appear on anything like that tho.

Corbyn was a wet blanket who witheringly supported something like Remain and wouldn't be good for views.

Farage had the power of drawing an audience, often for hate watchers too, so he made them lots of money.

I never watched it apart from some clips on YT.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
By taking from what I've experienced from them?

You've talked about how most Remainers never had any contact with Brexit supporters, so I can't see how that would be true if you were talking from your own experience.

From the very replies you can see on this thread, telling me that I'm a racist, that I've been lied to, that I've been led astray and that if only I had sense I'd have voted Remain?
You were lied to. You've told us that the lies didn't influence your decision, but you were lied to.

As for whether you're a racist... I don't know. You've alluded to things that might point in that direction, but I can't say for sure.

I haven't called anyone anything like that or implied any such thing. I said the opposite. I said they had good and honest reasons for voting Remain. I just feel ill-treated by many of them for the above insults.
Like I said earlier: it isn't vilification if it's true.

It doesn't help that you haven't given any reasons that aren't compatible with Brexiters being racist or xenophobic.

It's as if you folks can't see it and genuinely think we are all racists who have been lied to.

Idk what to say.
Neither do I. Like I said, I you were lied to.

And you haven't said anything that excludes the possibility that racism explains your position. It isn't the only possible option, but it's one of them so far.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
You've talked about how most Remainers never had any contact with Brexit supporters, so I can't see how that would be true if you were talking from your own experience.

You were lied to. You've told us that the lies didn't influence your decision, but you were lied to.

As for whether you're a racist... I don't know. You've alluded to things that might point in that direction, but I can't say for sure.

Like I said earlier: it isn't vilification if it's true.

It doesn't help that you haven't given any reasons that aren't compatible with Brexiters being racist or xenophobic.

Neither do I. Like I said, I you were lied to.

And you haven't said anything that excludes the possibility that racism explains your position. It isn't the only possible option, but it's one of them so far.
Wow, I am not being funny but I'm not having a conversation with someone who thinks I may be a closet racist because of the way I voted and, as has been pointed out by yourself, the majority of my kinsmen voted too.

I'm not having that.

Bye.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Brexit voter here

No regrets

But I am annoyed how people automatically presume I voted remain

I know one guy who is insanely a remainer but I don't like him as he's a pompous twat

He seems to think I voted remain

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Wow, I am not being funny but I'm not having a conversation with someone who thinks I may be a closet racist because of the way I voted and, as has been pointed out by yourself, the majority of my kinsmen voted too.

I'm not having that.

Bye.

Your choice.

Considering that some of Brexit's main effects were to kick out foreigners and to create extra barriers for foreigners who want to immigrate, hopefully you understand why voting for Brexit raises the question "was this motivated by racism or xenophobia?"

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm saddened that nearly every Brit on here is against me on this.

I don't understand.
You have seen the political spectrum test that shows where so many here tend to congregate haven't you? And where the advantages of why any who did vote for Brexit hasn't and probably won't come to the whole country. I suspect that is why so many have strong views given that partisan views that neglect the wider picture will be seen as such.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
You have seen the political spectrum test that shows where so many here tend to congregate haven't you? And where the advantages of why any who did vote for Brexit hasn't and probably won't come to the whole country. I suspect that is why so many have strong views given that partisan views that neglect the wider picture will be seen as such.
Many people on here are in the green quadrant. I usually end up centre blue.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yes, so Remain should have left us alone and accepted we won.

That didn't happen.
We have accepted that you won BUT that doesn't mean we don't call for a return to the EU.
The Tories won the last election, I didn't start trumpeting how great the Tories are. From the day they won, I have supported the opposition parties and will continue to do so.
When your side loses you don't change sides.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
We have accepted that you won BUT that doesn't mean we call for a return to the EU.
The Tories won the last election, I didn't start trumpeting how great the Tories are. From the day they won, I have supported the opposition parties and will continue to do so.
When your side loses you don't change sides.
Well, you kind of do, in a once in a lifetime referendum.

I mean, the whole point of it is to ascertain where the majority stands on an issue and implement that often for a considerable amount of time, if not forever.

So yes, I would expect people to at least accept it and move on.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

And if remain would have won do you really believe that brexiters would have accepted it?

You can also blame many of the brexiers for gloating over the win, i have lost two close friends (one i went to school with) over the glee, gloating and insults they rejoice in firing off whenever the meet a remainer.

Altfish

Veteran Member

I mean, the whole point of it is to ascertain where the majority stands on an issue and implement that often for a considerable amount of time, if not forever.

Did the anti EU brigade give up after 1975?
Before the referendum Farage said something like "If Remain win 52-48 we will demand another referendum*

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Tell that to Scotland.

It hasn't been that long since they had their own "once in a lifetime" referendum and voted to remain in the UK, in large part in order to remain in the EU.