• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ZIONIST Grip on American Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF_u_knew

Curious
That is actually a damn good movie, and I can't argue that there are really any harsh stereotypes in the movie.

Movie is set in Europe, few blacks. Good movie though.

What, were the Hispanic kid was accused of killing daddy, and the majority of the white jury was ready to send him away? I haven't seen it, but the synopsis is rather based on reality.

There were barely even black/Asian/etc people in these movies. They weren't even relevant. Again, whether good or evil, white males are the normality. There is more than "minority=evil" that plays in molding racial perspectives in film.

I didn't say they were, beyond generalization and speculation. I said white males were basically portrayed as normality. Of course there are white villians. They are fighting white heroes. Show me a movie from Hollywood where a minority is the hero, and the white male is a villian.

Down with the white folks, then? yeah? :149: They are at the bottom of all of this?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I was so excited by your list, first two great movies and then.... Twelse Angry Men? StarWars and Lord of the Rings?.... ....

The Dark Knight was good, True... And I would guess that Saruman is Jewish..Isn't he? And the Workers in the Deathstar are just doing their Job, comeone, and Palpatine is also Jewish clearly, look at him. :p

Fair enough. Now that I think about it, most of the jurors in Twelve Angry Men are probably Jewish, or at the least, sympathetic to the Jewish agenda. Heck, most of them are probably circumsized as kids.

See, so ignoring the farce of this thread for a second, technically, he is correct, you would agree with this? You are Christian because you got indoctrinated into being one by your parents and because you live in a society that heavily emphasizes Christianity as "real" and use Biblical stories as "Histroric events".

What I am saying is, if you where born with Muslim parents in Iraq, you would be a Muslim just as you would be a Christian if you where born from Christian parents in the U.S indoctrinating you into "believing" the "Truth". If you where lucky, you could have been born from educated and intelligent parents that would teach you about the worlds religions and show you how gods and religions have evolved, why people believe in them and you would be a Humanist/Atheist, this is unfortunately rare, but it happens.

You and people who are Indoctrinated by Fundamentalist views usually break free, either totally (Creationist are a good example of this because of their extreme views) or simple slightly, accepting reality, facts like Evolution and History, but yet believe in some sort of god, perhaps because of fear of death or the need of a "friend" to comfort them and so on, it is very much related to human psychology and the culture you are born in as well as the level if education and intelligence you have.

I did not mean to Stereotype. Apologize.

Each one of us is born as a believer in GOD its the natural disposition of mankind

Moonstone

inactive
You mean British, Dutch, Swedish, Irish.. European roots, yes?

I am curious, you are a Muslim, did you make that choice or did you become muslim because your parents where muslim indoctrinating and molding you into that culture? Have you thought about that? It is rare that a Christian child is born out of a Muslim Vagina... Strange is it not?

I'm not sure who you're adressing here, since you used if u knew's quote, but then replied to what I'd said...but no I'm not Muslim.

Last edited:

Gabethewiking

I don't think we should justify the 'islamic dress code' for anyone ,brother...be it about modesty or not....if a woman wants to wear it , then she has every right....if she even wants to wear a niqab and cover her face....so be it
we don't need reaons or justifications for what we choose to wear

I find some of the Muslim dresses very attractive, sexual enhancing etc.. Mmm.

Take the Burka, for example, seeing does eyes, only the eyes, beautiful eyes and what could be more? What is behind that dress?... And so on..

I find some, perhaps not the full body Bruka, to be very attractive amongst Muslim woman. My experience is from Indonesia (the most populated Muslim nation in the world) so obviously not the same as the Middle east as they where (in Asia) much more open minded and liberal.

IF_u_knew

Curious
See, so ignoring the farce of this thread for a second, technically, he is correct, you would agree with this? You are Christian because you got indoctrinated into being one by your parents and because you live in a society that heavily emphasizes Christianity as "real" and use Biblical stories as "Histroric events".

What I am saying is, if you where born with Muslim parents in Iraq, you would be a Muslim just as you would be a Christian if you where born from Christian parents in the U.S indoctrinating you into "believing" the "Truth". If you where lucky, you could have been born from educated and intelligent parents that would teach you about the worlds religions and show you how gods and religions have evolved, why people believe in them and you would be a Humanist/Atheist, this is unfortunately rare, but it happens.

You and people who are Indoctrinated by Fundamentalist views usually break free, either totally (Creationist are a good example of this because of their extreme views) or simple slightly, accepting reality, facts like Evolution and History, but yet believe in some sort of god, perhaps because of fear of death or the need of a "friend" to comfort them and so on, it is very much related to human psychology and the culture you are born in as well as the level if education and intelligence you have.

I did not mean to Stereotype. Apologize.

Well, could we not say the same for the Arab world? They are indoctrinated. Shame on them too, huh? We could go on and on and on and on .. blaming and stereotyping. And we will. It is what we humans do best, I think. :yes:

BTW, I said I am NOT Christian. I am not even sure I would consider myself as ever having been such now that I am older and understand what it is that TRULY entails being Christian. But yeah ... off topic.

Gabethewiking

I'm not sure who you're adressing here, since you used if u knew's quote, but then replied to what I'd said...but no I'm not Muslim, I'm an ex-Christian who very very recently turned Pagan.

No, it was for if u knew, hey, I think you are just lonely and want someone to talk to... :)

...... pagan.

IF_u_knew

Curious
I agree with that
if i felt for a moment that someone is forcing the hijab on me...i would have probably rejected it as a reflex action . My parents taught me that it was something between me and God...and that i should wear it when i am ready...and that's what happened

Thanks for your support TVOR :)

This is beautiful. I have always thought that the most beautiful aspects of Islam are displayed by the women within who have a much more profound understanding. I support such traditions when it is chosen by the person carrying it out. I think the world would be boring if we were all alike. :yes:

dust1n

Zindīq
Well, could we not say the same for the Arab world? They are indoctrinated. Shame on them too, huh? We could go on and on and on and on .. blaming and stereotyping. And we will. It is what we humans do best, I think. :yes:

You are right. Don't let the fact that everyone is indoctrinated confirm that you should be most comfortable with your indoctrination.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Show me a movie from Hollywood where a minority is the hero, and the white male is a villian.

Silence of the Lambs - Hero is female (Clarice Starling), villain is white male (Hannibal Lecter).
In the Heat of the Night - Virgil Tubbs (Sydney Portier) is the hero, Gillispie and Sam Wood are the villains (both white males)
Ghandi - hero is Mahatma Ghandi, villains are white males (British)

There's three that jump into my mind. If I had to think about it, I'm sure I could come up with others.

Last edited:

Moonstone

inactive
No, it was for if u knew, hey, I think you are just lonely and want someone to talk to... :)

...... pagan.

Nothing wrong with being Pagan :) Also, anyone could have been easily confused, look at what you said. It sounded like you were talking to me.
I think you're bitter and want everyone to think the same as you do. :)

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I agree with that
if i felt for a moment that someone is forcing the hijab on me...i would have probably rejected it as a reflex action . My parents taught me that it was something between me and God...and that i should wear it when i am ready...and that's what happened

Thanks for your support TVOR :)

Your parents did a good job of raising you. I applaud them for teaching you to be independent, and to think for yourself. You should be proud of them.

Gabethewiking

Nothing wrong with being Pagan :) Also, anyone could have been easily confused, look at what you said. It sounded like you were talking to me.
I think you're bitter and want everyone to think the same as you do. :)

Or you are projecting your own bitter views and want us to feel insecure about our secure and happy lives confusing us into accept paganism and becoming part of your fold.....

Actually, your name Moonstone is ******* me off as I been playing Indiana Jones - The Fate of Atlantis and the damn moonstone got me stuck for a long time, AND, talking about the topic, we had stereotypical views about Germans, all being Nazis and us americans are Glorious and Highly Advanced (the game is played in 1930's when we lived in poverty and as backwards as a squid) and yada yada yada.

dust1n

Zindīq
Silence of the Lamgs - Hero is female (Clarice Starling), villain is white male (Hannibal Lecter).

Can't argue that. White women got a break for once.

In the Heat of the Night - Virgil Tubbs (Sydney Portier) is the hero, Gillispie and Sam Wood are the villains (both white males)

Did not come out of Hollywood. Mirisch Company (the production company) is British.

Ghandi - hero is Mahatma Ghandi, villains are white males (British)

Yeah, Hollywood has no problem making Brits look like oppressors. Especially about 60 so years after the fact.

There's three that jump into my mind. If I had to think about it, I'm sure I could come up with others.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.