• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

Sonofason

I must disagree. Where he demonstrable then it would be obvious. It is not and I have yet to see a good argument for it. However we do have tons of people who claim to have seen god or experienced him. However amung the millions of people in the world that claim this they have contradicting experiences and god ideals. Nothing is specific to Christianity outside the mind of the christian that would give it authority to say it is the "one true god" while all others are false.

And if there is evidence then it should be easy to present. Simply stating it does not make it true.

However we do have evidences to explain these phenomenons and to the dismay of many belivers it is an explination that does not require a god

You do not have evidence to explain these phenomenons. What you have is theories, nothing based on fact, and nothing to suggest that God experiences are not real God experiences.

Sonofason

I must disagree. Where he demonstrable then it would be obvious. It is not and I have yet to see a good argument for it. However we do have tons of people who claim to have seen god or experienced him. However amung the millions of people in the world that claim this they have contradicting experiences and god ideals. Nothing is specific to Christianity outside the mind of the christian that would give it authority to say it is the "one true god" while all others are false.

And if there is evidence then it should be easy to present. Simply stating it does not make it true.

However we do have evidences to explain these phenomenons and to the dismay of many belivers it is an explination that does not require a god

Please provide examples of contradicting experiences as shared by believers.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
You do not have evidence to explain these phenomenons. What you have is theories, nothing based on fact, and nothing to suggest that God experiences are not real God experiences.

Actually its baed on evidence. Facts come later after enough evidence is compiled. Its at the front edge of psychology and neuro biology. If legionmoi is around he might be able to tell you more about it.

However nothing in your "god experiences" have any basis in fact or evidence. Its pure anecdotal evidence. I'm not saying you don't experience them. I"m simply saying one needs to analyze and critically examine their experiences before they jump to conclusions.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Please provide examples of contradicting experiences as shared by believers.

Really? thats easy.

Christians believe that their god is the one true god made of love and harmony. Jesus is his son ect ect ect.

Celitic Pantheon Pagans might get an experience from a Dark Goddess such as Babd. They may feel the dark side of the "god experience" and they would not feel that god is all loving or kind.

Muslim's will experience god that will confirm their belief that Muhammad is the true Prophet of god.

Buddhist will find experience of their religion in their spiritual journeys.

Hindu's will feel they are "one" with whatever god it is they are worshiping.

By the facts of their respective religions they can't all be correct. In fact only one. However they can all be "wrong" in that their experiences aren't actually from some supernatural force but rather something that is natural and within the human mind.

Sonofason

Actually its baed on evidence. Facts come later after enough evidence is compiled. Its at the front edge of psychology and neuro biology. If legionmoi is around he might be able to tell you more about it.

However nothing in your "god experiences" have any basis in fact or evidence. Its pure anecdotal evidence. I'm not saying you don't experience them. I"m simply saying one needs to analyze and critically examine their experiences before they jump to conclusions.

Well, I've been analyzing my experiences of God for 34 years. I wouldn't call my understanding jumping to conclusions.

Sonofason

Really? thats easy.

Christians believe that their god is the one true god made of love and harmony. Jesus is his son ect ect ect.

Celitic Pantheon Pagans might get an experience from a Dark Goddess such as Babd. They may feel the dark side of the "god experience" and they would not feel that god is all loving or kind.

Muslim's will experience god that will confirm their belief that Muhammad is the true Prophet of god.

Buddhist will find experience of their religion in their spiritual journeys.

Hindu's will feel they are "one" with whatever god it is they are worshiping.

Now please show a contradiction.

By the facts of their respective religions they can't all be correct. In fact only one. However they can all be "wrong" in that their experiences aren't actually from some supernatural force but rather something that is natural and within the human mind.

Christians "believing" is not experiencing anything.
There have been many prophets of God. There is only one Son of God.

Maybe Budhists find experience of their religion.
Maybe Hindu's feel they are "one" with whatever god they are worshiping.

All these statements of yours can be true, and God can still be God.

Now please show a contradiction "of experience."

Last edited:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Well, I've been analyzing my experiences of God for 34 years. I wouldn't call my understanding jumping to conclusions.

But, how do you know said experiences come from a deity, and not just all in your head. All people who follow religion claim to have experience conviently stemming from their specific god. The Christians "experience" Jesus, the Jews "experience" Yahweh, the Hindus "experience" Brahma, the Muslims "experience" Allah, etc. I'm not trying to be cold or insensitive, but what makes your "experience" any more special than those "experiences" experienced by adherents of other religions?

Sonofason

But, how do you know said experiences come from a deity, and not just all in your head. All people who follow religion claim to have experience conviently stemming from their specific god. The Christians "experience" Jesus, the Jews "experience" Yahweh, the Hindus "experience" Brahma, the Muslims "experience" Allah, etc. I'm not trying to be cold or insensitive, but what makes your "experience" any more special than those "experiences" experienced by adherents of other religions?

Brahma - the creator god of the Hindu sacred triad
Jesus - The Son of God and co-creator
Yahweh - The name of God
Allah - is transiteration of the Arabic word for the English word "God"

All you have said so far is that people experience God.

Yes, I agree.

Everyone's experience of God is to be considered special.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Brahma - the creator god of the Hindu sacred triad
Jesus - The Son of God and co-creator
Yahweh - The name of God
Allah - is transiteration of the Arabic word for the English word "God"

All you have said so far is that people experience God.

Yes, I agree.

Everyone's experience of God is to be considered special.

But how do you determine what experiences are "from God" and which ones are simply delusions?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
In your own life, how do you determine which of your experiences are real, and which are delusions?

Everyone experiences things via. the five senses: Sight, Smell, Touch, Taste, and Hear. You can't see God, you can't hear God, you can't smell God, you can't touch God, and you can't taste God, so how can God be "experienced?"

Sonofason

Everyone experiences things via. the five senses: Sight, Smell, Touch, Taste, and Hear. You can't see God, you can't hear God, you can't smell God, you can't touch God, and you can't taste God, so how can God be "experienced?"

Believe me, God can be experienced via the five senses. God comforts those who belong to Him.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I have a feeling you have been under the assumption its been god for the majority of the time. So yeah... I do think its jumping to conclusions. And if your current conclusions use your previous conclusions as a base then it just furthers that.

Christians "believing" is not experiencing anything.
There have been many prophets of God. There is only one Son of God.
Have you experienced this "son of god"?
Maybe Budhists find experience of their religion.
Maybe Hindu's feel they are "one" with whatever god they are worshiping.

All these statements of yours can be true, and God can still be God.

Now please show a contradiction "of experience."

The experience that their god is "true" or "real". Both gods cannot be true.

Sonofason

I have a feeling you have been under the assumption its been god for the majority of the time. So yeah... I do think its jumping to conclusions. And if your current conclusions use your previous conclusions as a base then it just furthers that.

Have you experienced this "son of god"?

The experience that their god is "true" or "real". Both gods cannot be true.

When did I say there were two Gods? I'm quite certain I only implied one God.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
When did I say there were two Gods? I'm quite certain I only implied one God.

Exactly. And there inlies one of several contradictions between differen't people's experiences. One will calim to have met a different god than another and some will have calimed to have met several.

Me Myself

Back to my username

With which sense do you percieve anger?

Emotions and thoughts can be associated by visual or auditory inputs or inputs on the five senses, but they are not from them.

God is a direct experience, and in its "purest form" it will nit be experienced by the five senses.

Then again, I am very clear on that you wont believe it and its cool, I just felt like clarifying that the five senses are not at all the on,y source of perception. Inner perception exists, and maybe others that you dont believe in.

Sonofason

Exactly. And there inlies one of several contradictions between differen't people's experiences. One will calim to have met a different god than another and some will have calimed to have met several.

So then, are you going to prove that the God of the Islamic people, and the God of the Hindu people, and the God of the Buddhist people, and the God of Christian people, and the God of the Jewish people is not one God? If not, you have shown nothing.

Sonofason

With which sense do you percieve anger?

Emotions and thoughts can be associated by visual or auditory inputs or inputs on the five senses, but they are not from them.

God is a direct experience, and in its "purest form" it will nit be experienced by the five senses.

Then again, I am very clear on that you wont believe it and its cool, I just felt like clarifying that the five senses are not at all the on,y source of perception. Inner perception exists, and maybe others that you dont believe in.

Indeed, that which takes place in the mind can affect the senses, and the senses can affect that which is in the mind. The mind and the senses are directly connected to one another.