• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can humanity surprise God?

Just_me_Mike

In what way is God not 100% responsible for our salvation? God gives us this gift freely and unconditionally. we have nothing to do with that act. God acts. We respond.
What you might be missing is if you are responding, you have already been saved. It isn't like, God nudges... you act... then your saved. It is more like God saves you the end... Any further action on your part is just a result of your salvation. If it is any other way, than you have a small percentage in your salvation, thus taking some of it away from God. How do you argue around that?

Since the Bible tells us that "all people will see [salvation]," I am confident that we shall.
Does the bible say that everyone that "sees" salvation will partake in it? Or does it actually say all will see on the last day, some to everlasting life, and some to everlasting destruction?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What you might be missing is if you are responding, you have already been saved. It isn't like, God nudges... you act... then your saved. It is more like God saves you the end... Any further action on your part is just a result of your salvation. If it is any other way, than you have a small percentage in your salvation, thus taking some of it away from God. How do you argue around that?

Does the bible say that everyone that "sees" salvation will partake in it? Or does it actually say all will see on the last day, some to everlasting life, and some to everlasting destruction?
I'm a firm universalist. I trust that God will save all humanity.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I re-read it, but it does not clarify what you mean when you use the word "possible". Would you mind answering directly? When you say that something is "possible" are you saying it is something that could happen?
already asked and answered.

Beaudreaux

already asked and answered.
Not so much as dodged and avoided. :)

You seriously have not answered this question. When you say an action is possible, do you mean that it could happen? It's a simple yes or no and you have not answered this in previous posts.

Benoni

Of course I do, that is my point, I am using scripture. Do you do your own reasearch; then show me using scripture not your opinion?
It is a false doctrine if you cannot back it with God's Word.
Too many believes today are condemning towards billions and based on religious tradition and not scripture. You refuted my posting as Calvinism when it comes to God drawing or quicking; but I used scripture. When I asked you to back up your claim with scripture you give me excuses not scripture; so if you believe this why?

Man is a slave to sin and cannot believe and has no freewill or choice towards salvation for he is dead in trespasses and sin; for God is not calling the whole world now. This is a scriptural fact.

How come you need that sort of thing? Don't you own and read your own Bible? do your own research.

Last edited:

Beaudreaux

sojourner said:
I'm a firm universalist. I trust that God will save all humanity.

A pleasant and encouraging thought. How will he "do" this, though, if salvation only comes from the exercising of a free will?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Humans are amazing animals with tremendous capacity for creativity and moral excellence. Given our track record here on earth, though, it must be easy for God to expect the worst of us, but do you think that God is ever surprised by the choices some of us make?

Human beings are not animals.

I think God wouldn't be really surprised because he knows how far we can go either in a positive or negative way, but we can somehow reach to what he has expected from us, and be surprise on how amazingly we have got benefit from the knowledge he has given us through the years/decades/centuries.

jonman122

Human beings are not animals.

I think God wouldn't be really surprised because he knows how far we can go either in a positive or negative way, but we can somehow reach to what he has expected from us, and be surprise on how amazingly we have got benefit from the knowledge he has given us through the years/decades/centuries.

you do realize that we literally ARE animals? haha.

and what knowledge has god (as per scriptures) given us that science has not surpassed?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Really....after so much participation here at the forum....
You're still denying spiritual life.
Really....after so much time preaching this alleged "spiritual life" you still have failed to show that it, like "the soul", actually exists.

Hells bells, perhaps you could finally define what the hell a "kind" is while you are at it...?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Really....after so much time preaching this alleged "spiritual life" you still have failed to show that it, like "the soul", actually exists.

Hells bells, perhaps you could finally define what the hell a "kind" is while you are at it...?

And should I cast my pearls before swine?

Can humanity surprise God?
Can God surprise the atheist?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
but you did cast your pearls before the swine when you posted:
Now you are merely back peddling.

Well...every time you show up...it's the same old....'you can't prove it'.

So if each and every term has to be 'proven' the discussion is subject to your approval before it may continue.

Did you want to participate in the topic?...or just stand in the corner and stamp your feet.....prove it...prove it ....prove it...