• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's conditional love

AppieB

An incorrect conclusion based on misunderstanding.
God is not in need of anything at all.
It is mankind that are in need.

We are ALL "worshipping" something. What do people spend most of their time doing and why? That is what I am referring to by the word "worship" ..
I don't think I'm "worshipping" anything. Curious how you define the word.

Almighty God says to worship Him alone .. not because "other gods" are real .. not in an anthropomorphic, polytheistic sense.
It is all about our beliefs and intentions.
If we do NOT remember God, we will take a different path in life.
It would be practically impossible to tread the same path WITHOUT the rememberance of God.
But why would the one be better than the other?

There are basically "2 forces" .. that of righteousness, and that of evil.
It is easy to get sucked into evil..
Are you saying that without "the rememberance of God" people would do evil? Or are more likely to do evil?

AppieB

Exactly .. that is the nature of our souls.
..hence "An idle mind is the devil's playground."
Well, I don't see it around me. People who are religious are not 'better' (more moral) than the non-religious.
We are all human and we are all not perfect. Religion makes us believe we are all sick and than offers the 'cure'. I don't see any justification for believing this to be true.

I am wondering what you think of the condition as found at 1 John 1:7 where we read the word: "if"__________
"IF" we are walking in the light..... then Jesus' blood cleanses us from all sin. To me , "IF" is a condition to be met.

Perhaps, but that opportunity is for all. If not all accept it, it is their choice, not God's.

No. He died for all who believed, and those that do will have everlasting life.

Unconditional love doesn't say "I offer, but if you reject, you don't benefit." It says "I offer, 'even if' you will reject you will benefit because I am a god of love and forgiveness. Your sins are forgiven." ....

When sins are forgiven, they are forgiven, but it does not help, if person continues in sin, makes new sin.

This isn't scriptural. Where does it say in the bible he does not do evil to "any" person (which means no prophets, no chosen ones, and no killing of sinners)?

Killing is not necessary evil.

An unconditional god does not call people evil regardless if they reject him or not.

People who reject God, reject also the commandment to love others as themselves, which opens the way for all wrong actions like murder, stealing and lying. People who do evil things are evil and I think it is good that God doesn't allow that to continue forever.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
By what the Bible tells, there is no exclusion. This means, same opportunity is for all and same end is for all who choose evil.

There is no evil in unconditional love. God loves all people whether they reject or not. If they knew God was unconditional most likely they wouldn't reject.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Why is God's love for us conditional on us believing in him and doing what he says?

If a person didn't believe in me and didn't do what I told them to then I wouldn't not love them because of that

It wouldn't even bother me yet God would send such people to Hell because of this

So why is it that way with God? Why is his love so conditional?
God's love isn't conditional.
He action of saving us from ourselves is conditional on our actions.
Doesn't mean he doesn't love the disobedient.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Killing is not necessary evil......................

I can agree with your ^above^ post because there is a difference between: killing, murder, and an execution.
The Flood of Noah's day was a divine execution in order to save the only righteous ones left on Earth.
The coming ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' is coming justice for upright people.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well, I don't see it around me. People who are religious are not 'better' (more moral) than the non-religious..................

The humble ' wheat ' Christians of chapter 13 of Matthew are the genuine moral Christians.
Absolutely you don't see ' better ' around you because Jesus said MANY would prove false at Matthew 7:21-23.
That does Not exclude the 'few' on the narrow path, the narrow way.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God's love isn't conditional.
He action of saving us from ourselves is conditional on our actions.
Doesn't mean he doesn't love the disobedient.

He has conditions for that love. Love is an action. Anyone can say they love but if their actions contradict their words people usually are convinced by what they see not what they hear (or read).

He saved believers.

Also, they'd probably be less objectors if God did it give the option to sin. Why would a god loving person want an option to sin so they have free will to choose otherwise? In my opinion that sounds like ego rather than trusting God.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
He has conditions for that love. Love is an action. Anyone can say they love but if their actions contradict their words people usually are convinced by what they see not what they hear (or read).

He saved believers.

Also, they'd probably be less objectors if God did it give the option to sin. Why would a god loving person want an option to sin so they have free will to choose otherwise? In my opinion that sounds like ego rather than trusting God.
Ok so, if a parent has rules, does that make their love conditional?
If you reject your parents rules, and they don't save you from your bad decision, does that mean they only love you conditionally?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ok so, if a parent has rules, does that make their love conditional?
If you reject your parents rules, and they don't save you from your bad decision, does that mean they only love you conditionally?

Yes. They have criteria (or rules) to which their children abide by. However, god does not have unconditional love because, unlike human parents (ideally), he does turn away from the non-believer (or evil one or rejecter whichever words used). Unconditional love isn't passive. It's like a parent telling their child I love you but if you don't love me I'll kick you out the house. Thankfully not all parents do this despite their child's feelings, but those that do not have unconditional love for their children.

Conditions like
(Gods unconditional love-GUL)

1. Being a chosen people (GUL loves all people chosen or not)
2. Rejecters vs followers (GUL doesn't divide people it loves)
3. Killing sinners-turning them to ashes to dooming them to eternal separation from god (GUL invites all people not just brothers and sisters, prophets, believers, and chosen ones)

If people knew god's love was unconditional and they "come as they are" (and mean it) they'd probably not reject the idea of and/or the god they know. Once you put rules/conditions/commandments/traditions on people and put a high bar to which they follow you'd loose some followers because god doesn't accept them for who they are. In my opinion and observation, it's all lip service.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As we humans think we then apply relative advice.

No humans living as we all die. Say that status then imagine sex and babies was stopped. Life ends as human. By condition.

What human answer do you really own when faced with a human truth?

The concept of being a human with God is living inside gods heavens.

As living you seem to ignore the fact we are inside of gods earths heavens already living.

As living humans.

If we all die what is with God?

Animals and nature garden only.

Pretty basic advice.

Now if you say I fly off when I die to be with father in the heavens.

What status do you own as living life that gets taken above us?

Water.

Why does bio life die?

Radiating fall out. Non stop ground water evaporation human life body in attack changes constantly. Until it can no longer be functional.

So if you die due to water spirit flying off it is a recorded human memory remaining in the heavens.

With human father who implemented by science human life's attack. Water of life taken.

What I know the eternal owns one more spirit of ours that life was separated from. We live the true spirit being after our experience as a human.

As it was never in creation.

The eternal owns the uncondition of love. It never owned intention of sending us out of or away from its body.

Why I know. I nearly died as a baby. I had no adult explained memory of a NDE realisation. I only gained glimpses as I lived.

I saw the memory from eternal. So know we own three conditions to realise.

Eternal body that sent out the eternal human. The life is lived only no conditions. just survives. We die.

We leave a recorded human lived memory.

We own an eternal life after human death.

A human owning three experiences is aware taught.

Why we know we must not change earths holy status otherwise our life body changes sacrificed the teaching.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
. .. imagine, for a moment, a "being" who is aware of every leaf that falls, every "thought" that has been thought, and will be thought.. Now ask again "what God thinks" ? o_O
Aware of every hair on your head, but Not every thought because the God of the Bible granted men free-will choices.
This is why the number of saved people is an ' unknown number ' according to Revelation 7:9; Revelation 7:14.
Who is a figurative humble 'sheep' or a haughty 'goat' is Not known until Jesus' Glory Time when Jesus decides and separates people at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It's like a parent telling their child I love you but if you don't love me I'll kick you out the house. Thankfully not all parents do this despite their child's feelings, but those that do not have unconditional love for their children.
I guess we disagree on what love is. Love isn't letting you have your way, even if you are a terrible person.
It's not loving to allow someone to do whatever they want, if what they want is destructive. We don't even do that as a society.