• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any evidence for the Truth of Islam ?

Agnostic75

loverOfTruth said:
Summary of that is: No matter what proof you bring to them, they'll look for something else and will not believe.

It is true that many people would never believe that any being was God if a supposed God showed up on earth and demonstrated his powers, but surely some people would. If the Koran contained some accurate predictions regarding when some natural disasters would occur, month, day, and year, it is probable that there would be more Muslims in the world today, or more theists if you wish. HIstorically, many people have accepted all kinds of outlandish religions based upon a lot less convinicng evidence than that.

If a supposed God showed up on earth, it would be impossible for humans to know who he really was, but that wouldn't matter. All that would matter is how he treated people. It cannot be proven for certain that Hillary Clinton is not an alien who is impersonating a human, but so what? She is best judged by her character, not by who she claims she is. If a God exists, his character is the most important issue by far about him. No loving God would tell his followers to give food to hungry people, but stand idly by while millions of people starve to death.

loverOfTruth said:
Just like you are asking to see E = mc2 instead of embryology now.

I would be happy to limit our scientific discussions to embryos. The vast majority of experts surely disagree with your claim that what the Koran says about embryos indicates divine inspiration.

Are you not aware that the vast majority of people in the world do not know enough about biology to intelligently discuss what the Koran says about embryos?

There are many obvious disadvantages of God communicating with humans through human proxies, and no obvious advantages. Why choose a complex answer when a much simpler answer is available?

Last edited:

Agnostic75

loverOfTruth said:
Summary of that is: No matter what proof you bring to them, they'll look for something else and will not believe.

That is easily disproved. If an alien spaceship had flown over Jerusalem in 75 A.D., many if not most people would have believed that they had seen a supernatural event, and they would have been wrong. Even today, some magicians could go to some remote jungle reigions and convince some natives to believe that they were gods.

Last edited:

loverOfTruth

It is true that many people would never believe that any being was God if a supposed God showed up on earth and demonstrated his powers, but surely some people would. If the Koran contained some accurate predictions regarding when some natural disasters would occur, month, day, and year, it is probable that there would be more Muslims in the world today, or more theists if you wish. HIstorically, many people have accepted all kinds of outlandish religions based upon a lot less convinicng evidence than that.

If a supposed God showed up on earth, it would be impossible for humans to know who he really was, but that wouldn't matter. All that would matter is how he treated people. It cannot be proven for certain that Hillary Clinton is not an alien who is impersonating a human, but so what? She is best judged by her character, not by who she claims she is. If a God exists, his character is the most important issue by far about him. No loving God would tell his followers to give food to hungry people, but stand idly by while millions of people starve to death.

All those things are subjective. Just like you are asking for specific prediction, someone else doesn't care about that. And that's precisely why God says the signs are all over the place - read the Qur'an with an open heart and you'll know. But the problem is in the Heart and hence no amount of proof would satisfy those even if God Himself comes down, people would say it is a delusion.

I would be happy to limit our scientific discussions to embryos. The vast majority of experts surely disagree with your claim that what the Koran says about embryos indicates divine inspiration.

Are you not aware that the vast majority of people in the world do not know enough about biology to intelligently discuss what the Koran says about embryos?

There are many obvious disadvantages of God communicating with humans through human proxies, and no obvious advantages. Why choose a complex answer when a much simpler answer is available?

I don't mean that the facts related to embryonic development are the only evidence but certainly one of many. Even if you discount that all together, there are so many as I have discussed with others throughout the threads and yet others that I did not discuss.

Agnostic75

PolyHedral said:
A quick rundown of the fundamental structure of the universe would have lent a lot of credit to the Qu'ran, certainly.

Of course, certainly much more than anything that the Koran might say about embryos.

If the Koran contained the equation E = mc2, loverOfTruth would definitely be using that as evidence, but incredibly recently discounted that evidence by claiming that skeptics would not accept it. He obviously refuted his own argument.

Agnostic75

loverOfTruth said:
I don't mean that the facts related to embryonic development are the only evidence.......

Most biologists surely do not believe that what the Koran says about embryos was divinely inspired.

loverOfTruth said:
Even if you discount that all together, there are so many as I have discussed with others throughout the threads and yet others that I did not discuss.

You are welcome to provide another example, especially since you did not get anywhere with embryos.

Agnostic75

loverOfTruth said:

That is easily disproved. If an alien spaceship had flown over Jerusalem in 75 A.D., many if not most people would have believed that they had seen a supernatural event, and they would have been wrong. Even today, some magicians could go to some remote jungle reigions and convince some natives to believe that they were gods.

If the Koran contained some accurate predictions regarding when some natural disasters would occur, month, day, and year, it is probable that there would be more Muslims in the world today, or more theists if you wish. HIstorically, many people have accepted all kinds of outlandish religions based upon a lot less convinicng evidence than that.

It is important to note that there are many obvious disadvantages of God communicating with humans through human proxies, and no obvious advantages.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You are welcome to provide another example, especially since you did not get anywhere with embryos.
I predict the same circle will be run.

he will present verses and then claim them to mean something other than what they actually say.

When it is pointed out that they do not say what he claims them to say, he will talk about having to spoon feed everyone whose reading comprehension is above that of a second graders.

loverOfTruth

If the Koran contained some accurate predictions regarding when some natural disasters would occur, month, day, and year, it is probable that there would be more Muslims in the world today, or more theists if you wish. HIstorically, many people have accepted all kinds of outlandish religions based upon a lot less convinicng evidence than that.

It is important to note that there are many obvious disadvantages of God communicating with humans through human proxies, and no obvious advantages.

You should probably quit repeating stuff. They have been answered.

loverOfTruth

Most biologists surely do not believe that what the Koran says about embryos was divinely inspired.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean other people of intelligence doesn't get it. So I have no intention of starting another cycle of repeating myself over and over again and explaining the basics. Thank you.

Satyamavejayanti

loveroftruth, Friend can i get some clarifications on my previous questions. I have been waiting. Refer to post #283

Ok, so he did not know if it was gonna get corrupt or not, so he caused it to be corrupt?

And how do you know the Koran is not corrupt now?

How does the Koran transcend any human like things if it has signs of history, geography and science, all being human concepts?
If so then The Bhagvad Gita transcends anything human like also.

Ok, ill make it simple for everyone, please answer in a yes or no only, no big posts please.

Does the Koran contain any scientific Facts?
Does it contain any history?
Does it contain any Geography?
Does it contain any biography?
Did Allah Know that his knowledge will be corrupted?
Did Allah cause this corruption?
Did Allah guard his knowledge it in the vary beginnings?
Is Allah Arrogant in praising his own Book?

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:

loverOfTruth said:
Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean other people of intelligence doesn't get it. So I have no intention of starting another cycle of repeating myself over and over again and explaining the basics. Thank you.

NIce attempt at trying to dodge the issue. What you said does not have anything to do with what I said. Who knows the most about biology? Quite obviously, biologists. You are not a biologist, and yet you are judging what the Koran says about embryos, and you have refused to debate a biologist.

It is sometimes not difficult to find a few experts who believe things that most experts reject. For example, many creationists love to quote a few experts who agree with them, but one poll showed that in the U.S., 99.86% of experts accept naturalistic or theistic evolution. I assume that the percentage of biologists who believe that what the Koran says about embryos was divinely inspired is even smaller.

If the vast majority of biologists have rejected your claim, why shouldn't people who know very little about biology? Are you asking laymen to settle an issue that biologists should settle?

loverOfTruth

You are not a biologist, and yet you are judging what the Koran says about embryos, and you have refused to debate a biologist.
That is such a ridiculous statement. You don't have to be an expert in that level to use evidences/statements given by more knowledgeable/capable people of that field. It's like saying since you can't debate a Physicist, you can't use the example of Gravity in your claims. Really ?

I assume that the percentage of biologists who believe that what the Koran says about embryos was divinely inspired is even smaller.
Assumption is not proof - please provide your evidence for that claim. I have provided my evidences for my claims. Whether you get it or not, that's a different issue.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That is such a ridiculous statement. You don't have to be an expert in that level to use evidences/statements given by more knowledgeable/capable people of that field. It's like saying since you can't debate a Physicist, you can't use the example of Gravity in your claims. Really ?
True, but relying on what a "fringe element" of a far larger group, a group that finds the views of that "fringe element" to be laughable, while giving the impression that there is overall support for the fringe viewpoint is disingenuous, at best, and outright deceit at worst.

Assumption is not proof - please provide your evidence for that claim. I have provided my evidences for my claims. Whether you get it or not, that's a different issue.
You have to appreciate the reason why there are peer reviewed journals to which scientists submit their new pet projects. Given that, as far as I am aware, no Muslim "scientific papers based on the Qur'an" have ever been submitted in the accepted manner -- speaks volumes. What it says is that the Muslim writers realize that there is no chance anyone in the scientific world will take their esteemed thoughts seriously because they also understand how quickly their ideas will be reduced to a smoking cinder.

My guess is that they do not promote these ideas in peer reviewed situations to save themselves from a great deal of embarrassment. It is so much better to simply go to the ignorant masses and fool them with their opinions.

Last edited:

F0uad

With all respect this Thread looks stupid in my eyes, why don't the questioners and answer's simply create a Thread and talk there openly about the Topics they want??...

This only invites more and more people to reply on a messy thread with everyone involved.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
A sceintific research on Embryology in the Qur’an – The ‘Alaqah Stage
We shall show them Our signs in the horizons and in themselves, till it is clear to them that it is the truth. Suffices it not as to thy Lord, that He is witness over everything? (41:53)

Personally i don't understand why anyone would be find this as anything other than Human,when one considers that earlier Humans made a better job of of it like Sushruta Samhita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,i think an all knowing God would provide something more than:

And We (God) created man4 from a quintessence (gentle extraction) of clay. We then placed him as a [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]nutfah [/FONT][/FONT](drop) in a place of settlement, firmly fixed (i.e. the womb). Then We made the drop into an ‘[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]alaqah [/FONT][/FONT](clinging form), and then We changed the clinging form into a [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]mudghah [/FONT][/FONT](chewed-like form), then We made out of that chewed-like form, [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]izam [/FONT][/FONT](skeleton, bones), then We clothed the bones with [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]lahm [/FONT][/FONT](muscles, flesh), then We [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](ansha’ nahu)[/FONT][/FONT], caused him to grow and come into being and attain the definitive (human) form. Blessed be God, the Perfect creator.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Surah Al-Mu’minoon (The Believers) 23: 12-14

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Personally i don't understand why anyone would be find this as anything other than Human,when one considers that earlier Humans made a better job of of it like Sushruta Samhita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,i think an all knowing God would provide something more than:

And We (God) created man4 from a quintessence (gentle extraction) of clay. We then placed him as a [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]nutfah [/FONT][/FONT](drop) in a place of settlement, firmly fixed (i.e. the womb). Then We made the drop into an ‘[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]alaqah [/FONT][/FONT](clinging form), and then We changed the clinging form into a [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]mudghah [/FONT][/FONT](chewed-like form), then We made out of that chewed-like form, [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]izam [/FONT][/FONT](skeleton, bones), then We clothed the bones with [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]lahm [/FONT][/FONT](muscles, flesh), then We [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](ansha’ nahu)[/FONT][/FONT], caused him to grow and come into being and attain the definitive (human) form. Blessed be God, the Perfect creator.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Surah Al-Mu’minoon (The Believers) 23: 12-14 [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Let us assume that Mohammed PBUH before 1400 years ago mentioned the embryology stages from his own mind and of course that will mean nothing for the people at that era because they weren't doctors or highly educated but for us now we know much better than people of that era (1400 years ago).

So please try your best to make a verse in few lines from your own mind that describes the stages better than Mohammed PBUH as we are now in the 21th century.

After that i will see if that verse in the quran was just easy to be authored by prophet Mohammed before 1400 year.

Last edited: