• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Failed Right?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Jesus Failed Right?

No, never, no it ; is the Paulines who project (Jesus)Yeshua in such a way, right, please?
They do it only looking on his 3 upto 32 years time in Judea, they don't account for his full natural life , of 120 years and so, please, right?

Regards
I might like to answer you sometimes but since you have never explained why you keep writing G-d rather than at least God, I leave this question yu ask to others. Maybe they can help you. When and if you do say why you write G-d instead of God I may happily respond to some of your queries. Thank you.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus spent 3 years trying to convert people right. Only ended up with twelve disciples. One of whom denied him, Matt. 26:69-75. One who betrayed him, Matt. 26:15.....................................................................................
Jesus said he came for the Jews, Matthew 15:24. Who he was rejected by...................................
Yes, the Jews were given the first choice, but later the Samaritans, followed by the gentile Cornelius - Acts chapter 10
Please read Acts chapter 2 because at Pentecost ( kick start of Christianity ) had many more than 12
Yes, the unconverted Jews rejected him and Jesus rejected them - Matthew 23:37-38

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thank you for your regards. Same here. So now whether you accept it or not, here is one text that shows Jesus related his thoughts to his servants. :) Naturally there are others.
Revelation 1:1
"The Revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,"
The rest of Revelation is fantastic and very telling. :) (Have a nice day... :) )
Interesting verse ^ above ^ because Jesus said his servants are both a ' little flock ' besides ' other sheep ' - John 10:16; Luke 12:32
The 'little flock' have that first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10
Whereas, the ' other sheep ' have a start at the soon coming time of separation as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yes, the Jews were given the first choice, but later the Samaritans, followed by the gentile Cornelius - Acts chapter 10
Please read Acts chapter 2 because at Pentecost ( kick start of Christianity ) had many more than 12
Yes, the unconverted Jews rejected him and Jesus rejected them - Matthew 23:37-38

Yes, bummer for the Jews who didn't listen, according to whom ever wrote Acts and Matthew.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

I might like to answer you sometimes but since you have never explained why you keep writing G-d rather than at least God, I leave this question yu ask to others. Maybe they can help you. When and if you do say why you write G-d instead of God I may happily respond to some of your queries. Thank you.
I think it people write g-d because of some kind of respect for gods name. If you write god then you can erase gods name. I don’t really understand fully but that’s the understanding to some extent. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.
Maybe this link can clarify something to you,

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jesus Failed Right?

No, never, no it ; is the Paulines who project (Jesus)Yeshua in such a way, right, please?
They the Paulines do it only looking on his 3 upto 32 years time of him spending in Judea, they don't account for his full natural life , of 120 years and so, please, right?
Saul of Tarsus aka Paul (together with his -Associates- and the Church), as I understand, he was remorseful that (Jesus)Yeshua has escaped his revengeful hands and from Galilees (Jesus)Yeshua was already secretly gone out of Judea and was then, heading towards the East where the lost ten tribes of Israel resided and wherever he went they accepted him overwhelmingly as their truthful Israelite Messiah Messenger/Prophet of G-d*, right, please?
Saul of Tarsus aka Paul thought of a new cunning and revengeful plan, he promoted Jesus to the status of (Hellenism's- dying/rising/atoning/ascending) God to fool the innocent and simple minded followers of Jesus/Yeshua who were left behind, one must say, and were in a shock to sort of appease them, while Saul/Paul wanted to convert to Hellenism his own religion, please, right?

*In Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic only constants of words are written without vowels, I spell, therefore, G-d to become distinctive for the Pauline-Christianity people who take Jesus as God; G-d has no Father, no Son, no Wife, no Daughter and there is none like G-d, right, please:

112:1
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
112:2
Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
112:3
‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
112:4
He begets not, nor is He begotten;
112:5
‘And there is none like unto Him.’

Regards

بِسۡمِ اللّٰہِ الرَّحۡمٰنِ الرَّحِیۡمِ ﴿۱

قُلۡ ہُوَ اللّٰہُ اَحَدٌ ۚ﴿۲

اَللّٰہُ الصَّمَدُ ۚ﴿۳

لَمۡ یَلِدۡ ۬ۙ وَلَمۡ یُوۡلَدۡ ۙ﴿۴

وَلَمۡ یَکُنۡ لَّہٗ کُفُوًا اَحَدٌ ﴿۵

YoursTrue

I think it people write g-d because of some kind of respect for gods name. If you write god then you can erase gods name. I don’t really understand fully but that’s the understanding to some extent. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

I understand to an extent the Jewish perspective, but I wonder if @paarsurrey is a Jew. He does not explain why he personally uses the word G-d. Interestingly enough, the Jews are said to have used the Name of God for a long time until some time before Jesus appeared on the earth. And he then prayed as it is said by many -- "Our Father in heaven, hallowed by thy name." That is how most Bible have it. Not all.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
"This is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven, let your name be kept holy.
Good News Translation
This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven: May your holy name be honored;

Some people I have spoken to do not know or believe that God has a name. They think maybe God's name is Jesus.

YoursTrue

One definition is that Allah is the one and only God in Islam. Etymologically, it has been deduced that the "name is probably a contraction of the Arabic al-Ilāh, “the God.” The name's origin can be traced to the earliest Semitic writings in which the word for god was il, el, or eloah." So just like Elohim and El can be referring to the God of Israel, the one God that Jesus spoke of and taught his disciples to pray to, some might believe that the term Allah refers to the one God. But -- Elohim is not a name, it is a term referring to God (or gods depending on recognition). Elohim is not a name. It is a designation. Allah | Deity, Meaning, & Facts
When Pilate said of Jesus after he was scourged -- "Behold the Man," "The Man" was not Jesus' name. Just as God is not God's name.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, bummer for the Jews who didn't listen, according to whom ever wrote Acts and Matthew.
Doesn't matter who wrote Acts (gospel writer Luke) and Matthew because God is the Bible's AUTHOR - 2nd Timothy 3:16-17
Just like the un-named translators of the King James version are unknown but they were translating God's Word
Just as an un-known secretary writes down the boss's words because the Boss is given the credit

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.....................And from what I know of the New Testament there is no mentioning of gods name.
First of all, Jesus had to know God's name in order for him to say we should pray God's name be hallowed ( held as sacred, sanctified )
Thus it is no wonder Jesus said what he did at John 17:6 and John 17:26 about God's name.
Jesus said he would declare God's name to his spiritual brothers - Hebrews 2:12
Remember God turned His attention to the nations (Not just ancient Israel) to take out of the nations a people for His Name - Acts 15:14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Jesus Failed Right?.......................

Wow, are you going to be in for a BIG surprise when the political suddenly turns on the religious world starting with so-called Christianity
Jesus' coming Glory Time (see Matt. 25:31-34,37) will prove to all Jesus did Not fail

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Jesus spent 3 years trying to convert people right.
Only ended up with twelve disciples.
No,he chose them to be part of his ministry.Jesus had many disciples , but to the twelve he revealed what he had.
He had his private moments with them as he did with others too.Just
That's just the build-up of the charachter of Jesus which is supported by non-Biblical evidence.He was described as a person by Historians.

One of whom denied him, Matt. 26:69-75.
Yes , but he knew that.

That same chapter verse 34
'Truly I tell you', Jesus answered, 'this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times'.

We have in Luke 21 also:
"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you,that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.
Peter said to him, 'Lord, I am ready to go with you both to prison and to death'.
Jesus said, 'I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow this day, until you deny three times that you know me'.

One who betrayed him, Matt. 26:15.
Jesus predicted all this as the previous one.

While on the cross he was derided and mocked. Matthew 27:39–44.
Which he also predicted.

Jesus said he came for the Jews, Matthew 15:24. Who he was rejected by.
Oh , the Canaanite woman..

"Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, 'Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly'.
He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel'.
The woman came and knelt before him. 'Lord, help me!' she said.
He replied, 'It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs'.
'Yes it is, Lord' , she said. 'Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table'.
Then Jesus said to her, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.'.And her daughter was healed at that moment."

It was Paul who went to the gentiles and started the Christian movement.
Not so.

Isaiah 49:6
"Yea, He saith: 'It is too light a thing that thou shouldest be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the offspring of Israel; I will also give thee for a light of the nations, that My salvation may be unto the end of the earth'.

This is YHWH speaking

All of the miracles he did, healing people, bringing people back from the dead, feeding thousands with 5 loafs of bread and 2 fish. You'd think he'd have gotten more of a following among the people he claimed he came for.
You should read the Tanakh one more time.
Isaiah chalters 53-54 And Zacheriah chapters 11-12.

Christians have promoted the idea that we should be more like Jesus? He was not a very good teacher/preacher to his chosen audience. Was it part of God's plan for Jesus to fail?
Chosen Audience?
How is 'light to all the Gentiled' a chosen audience?

Last edited:

Ebionite

All Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last prophet.
Not the Ahmadiyya Muslims. Seal can mean a proof of authenticity made by pressing.

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed:
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isaiah 29:11-12

An Angel came to him and asked him to read. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "Then the Angel held me (forcibly) and pressed me so hard that I felt distressed. Then he released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.'

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

First of all, Jesus had to know God's name in order for him to say we should pray God's name be hallowed ( held as sacred, sanctified )
Thus it is no wonder Jesus said what he did at John 17:6 and John 17:26 about God's name.
Jesus said he would declare God's name to his spiritual brothers - Hebrews 2:12
Remember God turned His attention to the nations (Not just ancient Israel) to take out of the nations a people for His Name - Acts 15:14
Oh I am not saying Jesus didn’t know his name. Obviously he knew gods name which is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. I am saying gods name is not mentioned in the New Testament. God is always referred as the father or god correct?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Oh I am not saying Jesus didn’t know his name. Obviously he knew gods name which is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. I am saying gods name is not mentioned in the New Testament. God is always referred as the father or god correct?
What Bible version are you using because the King James does translate the Tetrgrammaton (YHWH) as LORD
Please notice Psalm 110 because two (2) LORD/Lords are mentioned
The LORD in all Upper-Case letters is where the Tetragrammaton stands
The other Lord in some lower-case letters stands for Lord Jesus ( No Tetragrammaton there )
However, at Psalm 83:18 KJV does use the English for God's personal name as Jehovah
So, when Jesus quoted the OT or read from the OT Jesus used God's Divine Name
- Deuteronomy 6:13, 16; 8:3; Isaiah 61:1-2 with Matthew 4:4,7,10; 22:44; Luke 4:16-21
Thus, Jesus was using his God's name - John 17:6,11-12,26
Jesus did Not come in his own name according to John 5:43; 10:25
If you read Revelation God's divine name does appear in its abbreviated form at Rev. 19:1,3-4, 6
Hallelujah in English as 'Praise Jah, you people'. Jah being the shortened contradiction of the name Jehovah in English
So, when the NT was 'first written' the Hebrew Divine Name Yahweh was known
Think about James at Acts 15:14. Does it seem logical that James would make such a statement if No one knew or used God's name
Christians in Rome were reminded to call on God's name - Romans 10:13-14 (Joel 2:32)
And just as Jesus taught we should hallow his God's name

Ebionite

Christians in Rome were reminded to call on God's name - Romans 10:13-14 (Joel 2:32)
Romans 13 makes no reference to Joel or to scripture in relation to the "name of the Lord", and the Romans would not be expected to be aware of what Joel wrote. In this context, the Lord is "Lord Jesus".

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:9-13

A similar confusion of names occurs in relation to Joel in Acts.

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Acts 2:16

And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as YHWH hath said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.
Joel 2:32

And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Acts 2:21-22

For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Acts 2:25

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 2:36

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, [even] by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:10-12

Muffled

Jesus in me
OK, I see what you're saying in part. These early groups apparently believed that Christ would return visibly. They were mistaken.
I believe they were not mistaken about Him coming visibly. Mat. 24:30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.