• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about Hell

outhouse

Atheistically
You all are missing the point!

I dont think he is

And i think your missing the whole thread running off topic.

how did hell transform from the OT to its current form. who changed it when?

look3467

Premium Member
@Look, do you really think God is that hung up on himself?

Have you ever made something that you were proud of and wanted to show it off?

I don't say God wanted to show off His creation for just that, but that the creation would itself give Him the honor He deserves.

Blessings, AJ

I don't say God wanted to show off His creation for just that, but that the creation would itself give Him the honor He deserves.

Blessings, AJ

your god needs a lesson in humility

from a moral point of view, I am not the least bit impressed with your gods creation.

look3467

Premium Member

The first creation had no salvation as in the story of Genesis of Adam and Eve being cast out of the garden.

That equates with spiritual death.

Therefore, unless God creates the means by which to save it, no man could, hence the prison of departed spirits.

Their spirits were alive in the prison and were held there until such time that God would liberate them.

That is the basis for the term hell, as defined by some as a place of fire and brimstone and for whatever else they want to interpret it as.

But that is consistent with the two trees in the Garden.

The one gave us knowledge of who we are in respect to the creator, hence the nakedness.

The second tree was withheld in order for the first to have an experience in the flesh.

The second was re-introduced at a predetermined time as Jesus, with salvation.

Quote: ".....lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever"...

That could not happen until those in prison were first delivered by God visitation.

The new Testament has no prisons to hold any departed spirits and that is the transition.

There are no literal words describing that action, but it is implied by studying what the works of God are.

And i think your missing the whole thread running off topic.

And sorry for getting off subject. I address questions as I feel the Holy Spirit is guiding. Who knows, someone out there might just be inspired to seek God in a more intimate manner because of this forum.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
your god needs a lesson in humility

from a moral point of view, I am not the least bit impressed with your gods creation.

I can't do nothing about that.

If Jesus did not demonstrate His humbleness in the face of diversity, having the power and might of the full Godhead in Him, to have obliterated the whole lot of them, then I would agree with you.

But as it was, He humbled Himself to be placed under the rule of mankind, their anger, to the point which led to His crucifixion, just so that you and I would be spared the annihilation of our souls forever.

By the way, I don't see God offended by any impressions of mankind, but infact, gives you every opportunity to do so if you wish.

He still loves you!

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member

Blessings, AJ

who is god showing off to?
:confused:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I can't do nothing about that.

If Jesus did not demonstrate His humbleness in the face of diversity, having the power and might of the full Godhead in Him, to have obliterated the whole lot of them, then I would agree with you.

But as it was, He humbled Himself to be placed under the rule of mankind, their anger, to the point which led to His crucifixion, just so that you and I would be spared the annihilation of our souls forever.

By the way, I don't see God offended by any impressions of mankind, but infact, gives you every opportunity to do so if you wish.

He still loves you!

Blessings, AJ

he humbled himself for your benefit, you don't see that as a narcissistic point of view?

outhouse

Atheistically
The first creation had no salvation as in the story of Genesis of Adam and Eve being cast out of the garden.

That equates with spiritual death.

Therefore, unless God creates the means by which to save it, no man could, hence the prison of departed spirits.

Their spirits were alive in the prison and were held there until such time that God would liberate them.

That is the basis for the term hell, as defined by some as a place of fire and brimstone and for whatever else they want to interpret it as.

But that is consistent with the two trees in the Garden.

The one gave us knowledge of who we are in respect to the creator, hence the nakedness.

The second tree was withheld in order for the first to have an experience in the flesh.

The second was re-introduced at a predetermined time as Jesus, with salvation.

Quote: ".....lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever"...

That could not happen until those in prison were first delivered by God visitation.

The new Testament has no prisons to hold any departed spirits and that is the transition.

There are no literal words describing that action, but it is implied by studying what the works of God are.

And sorry for getting off subject. I address questions as I feel the Holy Spirit is guiding. Who knows, someone out there might just be inspired to seek God in a more intimate manner because of this forum.

Blessings, AJ

you talk allot and not much if any addressed the question i asked

try again? try to focus and stay on topic now LOL :)\\

this time try and answer the question directly

look3467

Premium Member
he humbled himself for your benefit, you don't see that as a narcissistic point of view?

Absolutely not!

I mean, a God who created all there is, with all it's mystery, complexity and beauty, think Himself so big that He couldn't humble Himself because of the love for His creation?

You've got allot to learn about God.

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member
I mean, a God who created all there is, with all it's mystery, complexity and beauty, think Himself so big that He couldn't humble Himself because of the love for His creation?

thinking a supreme divine being who actually cares about people is a narcissistic ideal,
mixed with the principle of celestial dictatorship by using ultimatums and manipulation as an expression of love, no thanks...
twisted....really twisted.

Last edited:

look3467

Premium Member
thinking a supreme divine being who actually cares about people is a narcissistic ideal,
mixed with the principle of celestial dictatorship by using ultimatums and manipulation as an expression of love, no thanks...
twisted....really twisted.

Be it as it will.

Blessings, AJ

outhouse

Atheistically
I love it when you give the so called righteous a direct question about the reality of the bible and they go sideways and or wont answer at all.

HELL started out as sheol or hades and was used as grave or pit. later it turned into gehenna the garbage dump outside the city walls where the fire was said to burn round the clock. eternal so to speak, lake of fire so to speak.

how many hundred years after this did the word hell get used? ? ? ? ? ? ? HHmmm

look3467

Premium Member
I love it when you give the so called righteous a direct question about the reality of the bible and they go sideways and or wont answer at all.

HELL started out as sheol or hades and was used as grave or pit. later it turned into gehenna the garbage dump outside the city walls where the fire was said to burn round the clock. eternal so to speak, lake of fire so to speak.

It's not that, it is that you refuse to look at it with God's perspective.

Very simple, God created, mankind fell short of that creation in the making, judgment was passed because of that (Death) and penalty exacted.

God recreated not the physical, because that He already did, hence the life you now have, but the spiritual side of our existence.

The spiritual side became dead (Separated from God) as the story of the casting out of Adam and Eve.

God Himself provided the ransom for us all in one body, instead of all of us, you and I don't have to face.

Hell, or whatever you want to define it as, has a place in the works of God.

God could not allow departed spirits into His kingdom until such time that He would eliminate death. (Spiritual death)

Hence the holding place.

Because Jesus came to pay the price for us all, by paying the price of death for us all, opened up the prisons gates, and the gates of heaven and now we all have access to God directly.

No priests needed, for we have one high priest, He being Jesus as our God.

Ref: Gates, OT Psa 107:16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, (Heavens gates)and cut the bars of iron (Holding place) in sunder.

Heavens gates were shut to where no man could open save God Himself.

And the gates of the holding place no man could break, save God Himself.

That is it!

Now, definitions are for our own interests to research and seek out the truth.

Those who honestly seek for the truth shall find it, but for those looking for loop-holes will have a hard time at it.

Blessings, AJ

outhouse

Atheistically
It's not that, it is that you refuse to look at it with God's perspective.

Very simple, God created, mankind fell short of that creation in the making, judgment was passed because of that (Death) and penalty exacted.

God recreated not the physical, because that He already did, hence the life you now have, but the spiritual side of our existence.

The spiritual side became dead (Separated from God) as the story of the casting out of Adam and Eve.

God Himself provided the ransom for us all in one body, instead of all of us, you and I don't have to face.

Hell, or whatever you want to define it as, has a place in the works of God.

God could not allow departed spirits into His kingdom until such time that He would eliminate death. (Spiritual death)

Hence the holding place.

Because Jesus came to pay the price for us all, by paying the price of death for us all, opened up the prisons gates, and the gates of heaven and now we all have access to God directly.

No priests needed, for we have one high priest, He being Jesus as our God.

Ref: Gates, OT Psa 107:16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, (Heavens gates)and cut the bars of iron (Holding place) in sunder.

Heavens gates were shut to where no man could open save God Himself.

And the gates of the holding place no man could break, save God Himself.

That is it!

Now, definitions are for our own interests to research and seek out the truth.

Those who honestly seek for the truth shall find it, but for those looking for loop-holes will have a hard time at it.

Blessings, AJ

there you go getting all sideways heading off in another direction.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HELL not heaven please answer questions regarding hell

this is per your scripture

thevoiceofgod

I believe I'm in the right spot. I want to talk to Christians about Hell. That is all I wish to talk to you about, though I will not reject to your witnessing at all, besides, that is what I'm doing. Witnessing for the right to evolve. So fire away. But please, I would appreciate it if you could keep this debate to Hell only. Thank you.

It's a question really, one I must ask by making a statement first. Well, a story really. But just to get the idea, Why Hell?

Let's go to Hell for a minute.

I'm Ed and I'm dead; a human on earth who failed to get salvation from Jesus Christ. In the Christian faith one either goes to Heaven or goes to Hell sometime after death. In this case, Ed is going to Hell.

It's Ed's time and God does not see Ed in his book, so Peter throws him into the lake of fire, something like that. I think that is actually pretty much it. Oh except one thing, Ed's there for eternity.

Sot it's hot, actually, Ed is on fire. He has landed on hot rocks and they are scraping his knees and his palms and burning at the same time. In fact his is totally on fire. He is in Hell for sure and he is on literal fire. And it hurts; it is searing pain of boils and burned skin. But he sees that he is not dieing. He is as alive as he was when he was thrown in 40 minutes ago. And he wonders when they will get him, but knows they are never going to come, but he can’t believe it and screams for help.

It's been 124 years. Ed still burns, his pain has never let up for 124 years. His pleas for help still fill the hot flames and brush the flames back into his eyes that burn constantly. He is engulfed in fire. It has now been 84,213 years. Ed screams have grown weird and finally at 700 million years to the day Ed stops screaming for one split second and realizes he is just beginning.

It has now been 41 zillion years times a 1000 zillion years that Ed has burned in Hell. He has another moment and he realizes he may as well have been there for 10 minutes, because this time will repeat again at another 41 zillion times a 1000 zillion years and that will still be just the beginning. And then the beginning starts again....

Get it?
I gotta ask. How’d this idea ever get this far?

Sinners who elevate themselves above other sinners need a way to get themselves above others. Hell is a great idea to romance their sin of pride and make themselves feel righteous. This is how the Pharisees exalted themselves above other sinners and had Jesus killed for not obeying their laws.

thevoiceofgod

That's what happens with people who have no understanding of the truth. The truth is that everyone lives forever.

Sinners who elevate themselves above other sinners need a way to get themselves above others. Hell is a great idea to romance their sin of pride and make themselves feel righteous. This is how the Pharisees exalted themselves above other sinners and had Jesus killed for not obeying their laws.

i would agree with you on that first part, your god is a great sinner and he actually got himself above others that way.