• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mat-Su bans transgender students from bathrooms that match their gender identity

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ETA: Perhaps this is different in different parts of the country, but my peers and I (Millennials) almost never got naked or used a public shower in our high school locker rooms. That is largely antiquated in my experience. Showers were technically available but never used, and quite gross and ancient. We would strip down to our underwear to change in PE but that's it. Perhaps other people my age or younger have had different experiences.

I remember the showering rule in P.E. changed while I was in high school, late 70s/early 80s.

At some schools I went, it felt like P.E. class was structured to prepare kids for the military, at least on some level.

In Starship Troopers, they showed men and women soldiers showering together like it was no big deal. I don't know if society is ready for that yet.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Maybe your peers “almost never got naked or used a public shower at your school locker rooms” because you are talking about PE class, which hardly qualifies as exercise. I mean it’s better than nothing but hardly something you need a shower after.
The farm boy athletes where I went to school would have chewed you up because PE class is when they played hard and they worked up a hella sweat, making the others playing also work up a hella sweat. They needed a shower because they stank.
Or was your PE intended for those who don't want to do much? If you weren't athletic you weren't getting a good grade in mine.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Oh are you saying movies warned that technology already applied had caused to humanities new child population. And was is used to make the best type of human soldier destroyer personality?

All the studies known by unnatural brain studies and chemical drug trials? That evil scientists were allowed to perform!

Yes. You already are already Informed about it. And yes it is really happening.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The farm boy athletes where I went to school would have chewed you up because PE class is when they played hard and they worked up a hella sweat, making the others playing also work up a hella sweat.
:rolleyes:

Or was your PE intended for those who don't want to do much?.
I was in Athletics all the way through once it was available. PE on the other hand was for people who had no interest in competing athletically, or were unfit to do so. PE= Casual, Athletics= Competitive.

Shadow Wolf

I was in Athletics all the way through once it was available. PE on the other hand was for people who had no interest in competing athletically, or were unfit to do so. PE= Casual, Athletics= Competitive.
Yeah, it seems we had higher standards. Honor students couldn't get a high enough grade with a casual effort and still graduate with honors. But my school was a bunch of farm kids and military kids.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Yeah, it seems we had higher standards. Honor students couldn't get a high enough grade with a casual effort and still graduate with honors. But my school was a bunch of farm kids and military kids.
I’m sure they had their own standards, it’s just less than what I was accustomed to in a competitive setting. My home state takes high school sports very seriously- male and female both- so of course PE is going to seem far more chillaxed then Athletics.

Anyway, the entire point was that people train harder and longer in Athletics, so they are far more likely to use the showers then the PE students. If whatever his name was didn’t see anyone using the showers in PE, that doesn’t account for all the students in Athletics who probably did.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m sure they had their own standards, it’s just less than what I was accustomed to in a competitive setting. My home state takes high school sports very seriously- male and female both- so of course PE is going to seem far more chillaxed then Athletics.

Anyway, the entire point was that people train harder and longer in Athletics, so they are far more likely to use the showers then the PE students. If whatever his name was didn’t see anyone using the showers in PE, that doesn’t account for all the students in Athletics who probably did.

My observation about PE was really just an aside, it doesn't alter the main point. If people still shower in high school locker rooms, neat. Not a hill anyone needs to die on.

Shadow Wolf

Our PE classes were 90 minutes long, and lots of us took two a semester to have one each day. It was basically for pleasure, to be more active throughout the day and for extra training.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Really? Would you do it? You'd feel no guilt or shame about that?

I responded to this earlier.
Not really. You have given no reason it can't happen. It certainly happened in other venues.
And what I would do isn't the question... it's what a teenage boy with hormones would do to see naked girls.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Not really. You have given no reason it can't happen. It certainly happened in other venues.
And what I would do isn't the question... it's what a teenage boy with hormones would do to see naked girls.
What do you imagine that teenage boy, or a pack of teenage boys, would do if a transgender girl walked into the boys locker room?

That is the alternative.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Maybe your peers “almost never got naked or used a public shower at your school locker rooms” because you are talking about PE class, which hardly qualifies as exercise. I mean it’s better than nothing but hardly something you need a shower after.

Depends on where you live. Trying playing outdoors in humid and hot southern Florida. Yuck.