• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My God Why have you forsaken me

look3467

Premium Member
No. I believe Jesus was crucified. So were many thousands of people before and after him.

Yes, true statment. The many crucified died unto themselves but Jesus died a death for all mankind. I wouldn't expect you to understand given your statment.

Hint! It has to do with spiritual death.

Blessings, AJ

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Yes, true statment. The many crucified died unto themselves but Jesus died a death for all mankind. I wouldn't expect you to understand given your statment.

Blessings, AJ
Yet you have no evidence that it was anything but physical. You believe because you have faith in the God of the Bible and take the stories as fact. Have you ever questioned if it truly happened or not? In a spiritual sense I mean?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Easily understood by you and I, but hard for some to envision such an atrocious act.

Blessings, AJ

yes it is an atrocious act simply for the fact that this notion of a sacrifice is able to erase ones culpability.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
. . .

I'm a 'born again believer' also .. but I don't believe that Jesus (peace be with Him) is God .. that God sacrificed Himself to forgive us .. this is a 'Roman' creed, and was established by an extremely wealthy emperor, and it's highly debatable whether he considered religion more important than politics.

18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.

The Holy Bible - Mark-10

nnmartin

Yet you have no evidence that it was anything but physical. You believe because you have faith in the God of the Bible and take the stories as fact. Have you ever questioned if it truly happened or not? In a spiritual sense I mean?

have you, or would the lack of physical evidence be the clincher here?

look3467

Premium Member
I'm a 'born again believer' also .. but I don't believe that Jesus (peace be with Him) is God .. that God sacrificed Himself to forgive us .. this is a 'Roman' creed, and was established by an extremely wealthy emperor, and it's highly debatable whether he considered religion more important than politics.

18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.

The Holy Bible - Mark-10

Please explain your born again experience and what that means to you. You may answer privately if you wish.

Blessings, AJ

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
A claim was made of being born again needing a challenge.
Blessings, AJ

Oh .. you think that I'm not sincere, perhaps?
Am I not right in saying that a person who sincerely calls on God Almighty will be answered?

Our spiritual journey never ends .. there is always something new to learn..
I recall one quite emotional experience, was when a group of 'born again Christians' asked whether I would like to take Jesus into my life .. I told them that I'd consider it seriously.
I eventually agreed, and we all prayed together .. I was on my way .. praise God! :yes:

fishy

Oh .. you think that I'm not sincere, perhaps?
Am I not right in saying that a person who sincerely calls on God Almighty will be answered?

Our spiritual journey never ends .. there is always something new to learn..
I recall one quite emotional experience, was when a group of 'born again Christians' asked whether I would like to take Jesus into my life .. I told them that I'd consider it seriously.
I eventually agreed, and we all prayed together .. I was on my way .. praise God! :yes:
How can we learn if we can't choose between good and bad, that apparently is our reason for existence. But magically we are going to be able to learn without that choice........:biglaugh:

look3467

Premium Member
Oh .. you think that I'm not sincere, perhaps?>>>muhammad_isa

Not at all! When you write or post it should reflect the workings of the spirit of God born anew in you.

Agreed!

I'll get back to you, gotta run.

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member
Not at all! When you write or post it should reflect the workings of the spirit of God born anew in you.
seems to me you are being dishonest or you don't know what the definition of challenge means...
you said:

A claim was made of being born again needing a challenge.
chal·lenge (chlnj)
n.
1.a. A call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition: a challenge to a duel.
b. An act or statement of defiance; a call to confrontation: a challenge to the government's authority.
2. A demand for explanation or justification; a calling into question: a challenge to a theory.
3. A sentry's call to an unknown party for proper identification.
4. A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge.
5. A claim that a vote is invalid or that a voter is unqualified.
6. Law A formal objection to the inclusion of a prospective juror in a jury.
7. Immunology The induction or evaluation of an immune response in an organism by administration of a specific antigen to which it has been sensitized.

challenge - definition of challenge by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

so which one of these definitions did you have in mind?

I'll get back to you, gotta run.
thats right... :run:
:facepalm: for shame :tsk:

look3467

Premium Member
A challenge is asking for clarification
On a statment made.
If you'd know about what it means to be born again, then you would have understood my inquiery.
Note: many words in the bible though meaning something in the physical, yet the same words meaning something altogether
different.
I.E. define mountain.

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member
A challenge is asking for clarification
On a statment made.
If you'd know about what it means to be born again, then you would have understood my inquiery.
Note: many words in the bible though meaning something in the physical, yet the same words meaning something altogether
different.
I.E. define mountain.

Blessings, AJ

yes i do know what it means...
it means you are no longer of this world, i just want to know why you
want to be as if you still are...thou shall not judge, remember?
climb that mountain..if you get my drift.

look3467

Premium Member
yes i do know what it means...
it means you are no longer of this world, i just want to know why you
want to be as if you still are...thou shall not judge, remember?
climb that mountain..if you get my drift.

OK, you do know what it means quote "it means you are no longer of this world".
Great!

When I read some of the responses given from some claiming to be "born again", not in those exact terms, but similar, yet does not reflect in their postings.

I am still, as well as all of us, in this world yet, the difference being: are.... our spirits reborn to reflect the rebirth spirit that is within us?

Jesus prayed: Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

So, as new born heavenly citizens it is said: Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus came not to judge the world but to save the world: all inclusive.
Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member
OK, you do know what it means quote "it means you are no longer of this world".
Great!

When I read some of the responses given from some claiming to be "born again", not in those exact terms, but similar, yet does not reflect in their postings.
the irony :yes:

I am still, as well as all of us, in this world yet, the difference being: are.... our spirits reborn to reflect the rebirth spirit that is within us?
well instead of looking for ways that separate you from them, as in why you would challenge their personal experience, why don't you edify their spirit?

Jesus prayed: Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
So, as new born heavenly citizens it is said: Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus came not to judge the world but to save the world: all inclusive.
Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world

Blessings, AJ
are you saying that a person who has a different born again experience than yours is evil?
:tsk: