• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nonsense

Clizby Wampuscat

I see your point. But palestine or palestinians are not HAMAS. Neither you or god itself is going to genocide a population of people, just because a temple is not going to be built.
I never said Hamas and Palestinians are the same but there are Palestinians that support Hamas.

Read it again: " "Why are your questions geared for affirmation? Do you need someone to help you understand what is right and wrong?""
Please explain.
I asked if you will go to the front and stop the bad guys (hamas-terrorist). One at a time but NO, there will be no genocide of palestinians because a few have turned into monsters.
I never called for genocide. I called for irradiation of HAMAS.

Not sure why your posts were so rude with assumptions, except perhaps a learned methodology
Mine were rude? You called me a fool,
Some of the settlers? Absolutely. Many of the irgun/ zionist? YES.
Irgun has not existed since 1948. Have Zionists raped and murdered women?
But israel is not like Hamas but many within the country and idf are beyond rude with hatred.
Ok, It seems reasonable to hate people that kidnap, rape and murder people.

It is ok to hate people that do these things.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member

There was rising anti-jewish sentiment and actions in europe, and the league of nations ( Pre-UN ) agreed that the jewish people needed a homeland. Approx 10% of the indigenous population of Palestine was Jewish at that time, before it was considered a state. It is a tiny peice of land surrounded by non-Jewish territory for approx 1000s of miles on all sides.

Bthoth

woh. balfour declaration. 1917. the british commited to creation of a jewish homeland in israel.
A letter between diplomats that is now claimed to be a public statement?

If the 'commitment' was true than why was the king david hotel blown up in 46'.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I posted this elsewhere, but it looks like it is needed here:
Hi. I used to think like you do about the Israel/Palestine situation, that is until I read the Palestine Papers. I read the diplomatic communications between the U.S., Palestinian, and Israeli officials trying to broker a peace for the region. What I found out was that not only did Palestine think Israel should not exist, Israel thought that Palestine should not exist, rejecting a proposed two-state solution.

The whole mess began when Israel was created after WWII. Historically, Israel has illegally expanded its borders, forcing Palestinians off their land. This is problematic.

An example, from my link below:
"The biggest change to Israel's frontiers came in 1967, when the conflict known as the Six Day War left Israel in occupation of the Sinai peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem and most of the Syrian Golan Heights - effectively tripling the size of territory under Israel's control. Israel effectively annexed East Jerusalem - claiming the whole of the city as its capital - and the Golan Heights. These moves were not recognised by the international community, until the US changed its official position on the matter under the Trump administration, becoming the first major power to do so. Overwhelmingly, international opinion continues to consider East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights as occupied territory."

Whole history of border expansion is here: Israel's borders explained in maps

The more I looked into it, the more I saw wrongdoing on both sides: desperate people forced from their land resorting to terrorism; Israeli soldiers shooting Palestinian children for throwing rocks at them; virtual apartheid; the abysmal treatment of Gaza. No one is innocent here, except for dead civilians.

It is a mess with too much historical baggage to recount here, but after looking into it I can no longer take sides.
Lest this attempt at contextualization be misunderstood, I condemn all terrorist attacks, but the Israeli role in prompting them can't be ignored. I have no idea what the solution is.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
A letter between diplomats that is now claimed to be a public statement?

It was British occupied terriritory at the time. Zionism cannot be terroism if they were given permission by the authorities to immigrate there.

If the 'commitment' was true than why was the king david hotel blown up in 46'.

Oh, you're talking about a specific group of zionists, not all of them? You're talking about the Irgun.

Why was the Hotel attacked? Black Sabbath.

Bthoth

I never said Hamas and Palestinians are the same but there are Palestinians that support Hamas.
I could see that as true. Dont mean that they support " kidnap, rape and murder "
Please explain.
Maybe i will go back to your first posts and quote the behavior but not in the middle of this reply.
I never called for genocide. I called for irradiation of HAMAS.

Glad to see that as it would be just wrong.
Mine were rude? You called me a fool,

I said fools require affirmations and I hate the method of the fool trying to expect or require affirmations.
Irgun has not existed since 1948.
Just the same, israel did not exist until 1948 when the UN created the state.
Have Zionists raped and murdered women?

There is that expectation of an affirmation. Why would you do it again? Stop asking such stupid questions as no honest soul supports " kidnap, rape and murder '
Ok, It seems reasonable to hate people that kidnap, rape and murder people.

So that kind of question will never need to be asked again, correct?
It is ok to hate people that do these things.
I dont hate people quite so easily.

For example: even you can learn not to use nasty methods to get what you want.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Many years before WW2, there was rising antij-jewish sentiment and actions in europe, and the league of nations ( Pre-UN ) agreed that the jewish people needed a homeland. Approx 10% of the indigenous population of Palestine was Jewish at that time, before it was considered a state. It is a tiny peice of land surrounded by non-Jewish territory for approx 1000s of miles on all sides. It was only after WW2 that jewish immigration increased dramatically. They needed a place to go.
I assume you know of the anti-Jewish feelings even in the United States at the time. Refugees of other ancestries were looked down on. I grew up then ,some of my friends were 'DP's, Displaced Persons. In grammar school I tutored a refugee German boy. His pants were half way up his leg. His family couldn't afford pants that fit him. He trembled continuously due to anxiety.

Bthoth

It was British occupied terriritory at the time.
Yes the british controlled the levant
Zionism cannot be terroism if they were given permission by the authorities to immigrate there.
Irgun, were zionist, and they did blow up british interest earning the designation of a terrorist org.
Oh, you're talking about a specific group of zionists, not all of them? You're talking about the Irgun.

Correct. The terrorism was because the illegal migration (zionism) was not condoned by the british. Balfour letter was not a declaration for a global migration .......zionism.
Why was the Hotel attacked? Black Sabbath.

I asked you that

I am not looking up what you used as a reference. I knew who the original terrorist were for that region a long time ago.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
All I know is that the Jewish people have had a very very sad hard time from other people of the world and I can’t believe it’s still going. I don’t think I want to talk about this anymore.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
So the Palestinians don’t want the Jews there because it’s their land and the Jews think it’s their land because it was given to them after the holocaust. I don’t know, I’m done trying to make sense if it

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well they needed a place to live after the Holocaust and plus they originally came from there so

Maybe a couple thousand years ago. But in modernity it was created by stealing the land from those that had been living there already for a few thousand years recently.

It was done to placate the Jewish population and get them out of Europe by drafting them their mythical homeland of old.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Maybe a couple thousand years ago. But in modernity it was created by stealing the land from those that had been living there already for a few thousand years recently.

It was done to placate the Jewish population and get them out of Europe by drafting them their mythical homeland of old.
Well they needed a place to live where they wouldn’t be killed no?

Bthoth

So the Palestinians don’t want the Jews there because it’s their land

Actually, as I see it, the pals are ticked because the israeli, keep changing things to fit their belief structures. For example ; the mount label being changed to 'temple mount' when in fact there is no temple there.
and the Jews think it’s their land because it was given to them after the holocaust.
Not true, they expect to have the lands based on religious belief that a god gave it to them. What is funny, is the man claimed to receive torah never saw the place and it was controlled by egypt (new kingdom) during the very time period that was claimed to be an exodus from egypt.
I don’t know, I’m done trying to make sense if it