• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas - Terrible abortion law doing what Republicans said it wouldn't do

Shaul

Premium Member
What in your opinion was the problem? Do you think she made a mistake in trying to have another child with her husband? Does that decision make her guilty of something? Is there some reason she should suffer?
Is there a problem? She chose to get pregnant and now doesn't like a natural consequence she didn't consider or chose to ignore. Is she suffering? How she chooses to respond and react to conditions is not a "problem". It is a choice. She has options. It is simply true that a sanction for an abortion for the justifications she has given is contrary to law and isn't a viable one. But there are options.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Is there a problem? She chose to get pregnant and now doesn't like a natural consequence she didn't consider or chose to ignore. Is she suffering? How she chooses to respond and react to conditions is not a "problem". It is a choice. She has options. It is simply true that a sanction for an abortion for the justifications she has given is contrary to law and isn't a viable one. But there are options.
Yes she is suffering, greatly. Physically and emotionally. Do you care?

And what "options" are you referring to?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Every case of pregnancy involves having sex.
Wow, look who paid attention during high school sex ed.
The laws don't put women at risk, the pregnancies do.
Just as God created, eh?
And the indications are that in this case the woman got pregnant by volition. She is free to have an abortion so long as she doesn't take the life of the baby in the process.
She got pregnant wanting to have anther child, and the development has a defect. The Texas law is interfering with her getting medical treatment. Guess what, not all pregnancies are perfect, as you acknowledge. Soy why the laws that interfere with medical treatment?
This lawsuit is about trying to legislate from the court bench.
False, it is about a woman getting emergency medical treatment. Texas is refusing her request.
The Texas laws don't provide for abortions under the reasons she petition to the court. The judge knows this and the ruling is not supported by the law. The plaintive is free to petition a court with a valid case.
As has been reported there are five different laws and the are all so vague that even the courts have no idea how to rule except humanely.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What? She has been to the ER 4 times with pain and discharge. Her doctor says she needs an abortion now, and if she cannot get one, it will jeopardize her ability to have children in the future.
But the fetus might live & the mother
will likely survive, albeit unable to have
children again. Good enuf for Texas.

Shaul

Premium Member
What? She has been to the ER 4 times with pain and discharge. Her doctor says she needs an abortion now, and if she cannot get one, it will jeopardize her ability to have children in the future.
And yet she didn't seek threat to her life as the basis for her petition to get an abortion. And she is still free to do so. Until she does you are arguing a different case.

Shaul

Premium Member
Yes she is suffering, greatly. Physically and emotionally. Do you care?

And what "options" are you referring to?
Do you? She has options of actions and options in attitudes. She could accept and embrace her pregnancies despite the perils, or not. She could petition from the court based on legally viable criteria, or not. She could choose to get an abortion without the sanction of Texas, or not. There are many, many, many options she has. I wasn't referring to any particular options. Not the ones I have just mentioned nor any others. Now why are you only choosing to focus on the one option of her getting an abortion within a safe harbor of Texas law despite her petition not qualifying?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Do you? She has options of actions and options in attitudes. She could accept and embrace her pregnancies despite the perils, or not. She could petition from the court based on legally viable criteria, or not. She could choose to get an abortion without the sanction of Texas, or not. There are many, many, many options she has. I wasn't referring to any particular options. Not the ones I have just mentioned nor any others. Now why are you only choosing to focus on the one option of her getting an abortion within a safe harbor of Texas law despite her petition not qualifying?
I am focusing on the option her doctors recommended, and the option she chose.

So you are saying she can suck it up and do what the men tell her like a good girl, or she can get out of Texas, or maybe get an illegal backroom abortion, you think those are better options?

Shaul

Premium Member
I am focusing on the option her doctors recommended, and the option she chose.

So you are saying she can suck it up and do what the men tell her like a good girl, or she can get out of Texas, or maybe get an illegal backroom abortion, you think those are better options?
You are focusing on demanding an option that is contrary to law. I'm decidedly NOT suggesting what she should choose to do. But I do suggest you not make further attempts to put words in my mouth though. To do so is pointless.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You are focusing on demanding an option that is contrary to law. I'm decidedly NOT suggesting what she should choose to do. But I do suggest you not make further attempts to put words in my mouth though. To do so is pointless.
I paraphrased you, but that is what you said. Those are the options you think she has. Your post was arrogant, misogynistic, and thoroughly disgusting.

Agent Smith

Where I am we do urine pregnancy tests and the report kinda looks like this:

PARASITOLOGY
Pregnancy Test: POS(itive)

Nothing like a positive parasitology test to lift the spirits to new heights.

God is in his heaven and all is well with the world!

Sit venia verbo, Deus Magnus est