• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about hinduism ?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Honestly the only temple where I feel at 'home' at is a temple in my own home. Otherwise going to the temple can be nice but it's almost more of a community thing for me. This isn't true for everyone. Many people feel great things at a temple. But it shouldn't matter.

Your Ishta Deva, or worshipful deity, is one that should make you feel an instinctive attraction. There is a reason why an individual is attracted to a particular deity. I too am pulled to Krishna.

I think it's good to arm yourself with knowledge before getting involved with any religious community as each person will attempt to indoctrinate you with their own ideas and interpretations (speaking of any religious group).

As for scriptures, I'd be reading the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads for philosophy and the Mahabharata and Ramayana for knowledge of the pastimes of God on Earth.

True, though it would be nicer to have some people who understand to speak to, irl. Nothing wrong with online community but it can be lonely.

Okay then who you're pulled to... Krishna then! I've been pulled to some others but there's no one like him, imo.

I read the Bhagavad Gita, which is the reason why I find beauty in Hinduism and love Krishna. Haven't read the other two yet... They seem quite big, to say the least!

Hinduism seems so daunting to someone new! There seems to be millions of choices and so on, it's hard to know what to do. I mean, how do I worship? Am I bhakti type of person or something else? So many questions! :cover:

But thank you for the advice and information! I really appreciate it!

There are probably 10 regular contributors on these forums who once felt the same way. :)

Thank you both for your words, someday maybe I'll be strong enough to at least try what I think is right and not be so self-concious... And that is for nearly everything in life (many things I don't do out of fears).

Quadrivium

Hinduism♥Krishna;3540594 said:
Hello ,

And what you feel about Hinduism organization 'iskcon'
Which is converting Christians into hindus ?

Please share your experiences ,thoughts about hindu eternal religion .

Thank you .Jai shri Krishna !

Well since Christianity actually evolved from Hinduism historically, I think it's funny to now think of things returning to prior essences in a sense. However I don't think people should ever be converted from one thing to another except for in the case of absolute truth. People should find their religion by their own if they are going to do so. Otherwise its influencing an otherwise free mind. And even though Hinduism is beautiful, it's misleading from the actual truth of reality. The personification of gods is fictitious, while the logical essence behind the Trimurti is proven to be accurately analogous to trifold synthesis which is the actual reason for reality.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I love Hinduism and Krishna, the only thing that keeps me from being a Hindu, is myself. I'm scared of what people will think, I'm scared about fitting in, I'm scared of not getting things right, etc. I've never experienced going to a temple so I don't know if I'll get the feeling that it's my home.

Honestly the only temple where I feel at 'home' at is a temple in my own home. Otherwise going to the temple can be nice but it's almost more of a community thing for me. This isn't true for everyone. Many people feel great things at a temple. But it shouldn't matter.

illykitty,

What Madhuri says is true for me also. I have not been to any other temples, it took me long enough to get myself to go to this one :rolleyes: but I do feel somewhat at home there. Maybe because right from the very first time I got a very nice welcome, even from the priests. I had a period of not feeling anything when I went, and so avoided going, but that was a problem I had and have since resolved.

The only thing that keeps me from going more often is that I cannot sit for more than 10 minutes due to spinal issues which are getting worse. To that end, I am up and down like a jack-in-the-box. It may not bother others, but it bothers me. Ironically, when the priests have motioned for me to sit and be 'comfortable', and I pointed to my back and leg, they'd motion as if to say "oh, then be as comfortable as you can". That shows real interest on their part. So don't be afraid to take a chance and go. Don't worry what others will think. If it's the Indians you're concerned about, don't be, I daresay they'll love it.

Edit:
There are probably 10 regular contributors on these forums who once felt the same way. :)

This too. :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Where do I err please?

Where did I say you erred, please? :) You have every right to believe or interpret as you wish. Saying that I don't share the same view does not mean I'm saying you're wrong. You're right .... for you. We don't live in the same country. Does that mean your country is more correct than mine, or vice versa.

However, since you do seem to feel insulted, I apologise.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Where did I say you erred, please? :) You have every right to believe or interpret as you wish. Saying that I don't share the same view does not mean I'm saying you're wrong. You're right .... for you. We don't live in the same country. Does that mean your country is more correct than mine, or vice versa.

However, since you do seem to feel insulted, I apologise.

We are just discussion to find the truth. No need of any apology. I did not mind it. You are a friend or brother in humanity.

Incidentally we both are living in the same country, presently.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Well since Christianity actually evolved from Hinduism historically, I think it's funny to now think of things returning to prior essences in a sense. However I don't think people should ever be converted from one thing to another except for in the case of absolute truth. People should find their religion by their own if they are going to do so. Otherwise its influencing an otherwise free mind. And even though Hinduism is beautiful, it's misleading from the actual truth of reality. The personification of gods is fictitious, while the logical essence behind the Trimurti is proven to be accurately analogous to trifold synthesis which is the actual reason for reality.

Please enlighten us and elaborate the above two point with proofs and evidences, if possible.

Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We are just discussion to find the truth. No need of any apology. I did not mind it. You are a friend or brother in humanity.

Incidentally we both are living in the same country, presently.

Regards

I've always had great regard for Ahmadiyas. A few years back my favorite Indian store was owned by an a friendly Ahmadiya who had escaped the then brutality in Uganda to come to Canada to re-open business. If I was buying temple supplies (rosewater, incense, etc.) he always gave me a discount. It surprised me sort of, as I'd heard of more antagonistic stories between our two faiths, and didn't understand the nature of the Ahmadiya movement.

One day we were chatting and he confided to me that about 5 generations back his family were Hindu, but out of necessity or force, they had converted. So in a way, he was honoring his ancestors by giving me the discount.

Sadly, he got ill, and the family sold the business. The new owners aren't quite so friendly. So now my 'new' store is Punjabi run by people who are so smart they carry South Indian stuff, unlike many other Punjabi stores.

ametist

I dont like hindu people in general as long as they classify themselves as hindu first. This doesnt happen with JWs for instance. They are really fun to chat unlike hindus that always show too much of ego. I just hope not much of them convert and begin to classify themselves as hindus, that would be a disaster for earth. This is how hindu people make it 'feel' to me. Hinduism itself on the otherhand is a treasure for the world.

Quadrivium

Please enlighten us and elaborate the above two point with proofs and evidences, if possible.

Regards

Sure.

Hinduism is a pretty old religion, one of the oldest. The oldest monotheistic religion came out of Hinduism called Zoroastrianism. Rome developed Mithras from this. Likewise Judaism is also developed from Zoraostrianism. And finally this Roman Mithras eventually evolved into Christianity after the whole Jesus thing. This knowledge is available to anyone who wishes to research it.

Now the second point in question.

The truth of origin and reality actually is known, describable, and provable, but requires understanding some things that are not easy to grasp for everyone.

First it helps to understand a fundamental limit of reality. Exact duplication of information is an impossibility, everything is variation otherwise there's no coherence to distinguish definable identity. If an essence were to be an exact duplicate of itself it would just be the original essence leaving no difference for variation, hence no relative change and no synthesis of information. Kind of like how two things cant occupy the same space without some sort of collision.

Next we quickly define "nothing", (which it's okay to not "believe" in) we understand any true origin of something must be understood as being of beyond the horizon of being something, hence the term nothing. Nothing agreeably isn't anything at all though that's an understatement, to maintain this identity of having no identity, is still to maintain an identity. This is a recursive self-reference paradox.

Trifold synthesis is the foundation for what makes interpreting and expressing information possible.

A good analogy to understand this (and appropriate for this topic) is the religious trinities. In Christianity god is constructed of three elements but not divisible by them. The father, the son, the holy ghost. These are all 3 very separate things, but together god is expressed. In Hinduism this same concept is described as Trimurati. Here we have Brahma being constructed of Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu, but all are Brahma. These gods are personifications of creation, destruction, and maintenance. So this 'bits of three to make one' concept is the main point of this analogy. Means nothing right now, I'm just trying to begin the illustration.

The second analogy which is more immediately related is injective function. It's a logical concept that describes a way to preserve identity. It requires 3 elements, (x) = x ≠ y. Or this can be described in words, we say a functions' domain can never be mapped to it's codomain. There's 3 elements required here (1. function, 2. functions' domain, 3. functions' codomain) To preserve identity of functioning or coherent information there must be something comparably unique to allow for any identification to be possible.

So in the hypothetical case you are left with nothingness, have no fear because it's impossible. This paradox of nothingness actually manifests a trifold synthesis of information. Inflation then occurs from the recursive inverse deduction of an absolute identity (specifically absolute nothingness). And we can prove that nothingness is real.

Since you are an occurrence, a set of information, an existence of some sort, absolute absence is irrational as there's at least been you to compare to. However since there's always at least the essence of your occurrence to compare to, an absolute absence of absolute absence is actually rational, and not just a linguistic mishap, rather an intensional paradox of nature.

This is how you get everything from nothing. To understand beyond that, to visualize the evolution of space, and eventually our cognitive minds from this intangible information you have to study quaternions and monads, and read up on Kant, Dirac, Schrodinger, Hamilton, Hofstadter, Hegel. You need to understand the principles behind holography and the wave structure of matter. Then with all that understanding just look at the world, the cosmos, the microcosmos, the nature, and you'll see the true origin of fractally recursive self-reference resonant in all things even in our behaviors and cultures, etc...

Only a handful of people probably grasp this, and even the ones that know this don't quite know they know. Its hard to accept nothing is actual when it actually isn't. It's difficult to think backwards and invertedly about the same thing. It sounds insane to some because it's like redundant nonsense, nonetheless its why you get infinity when you divide by zero. Its why we have any self-reference paradox or any measurement problem.

If you want to read a recent philosophical paper that does a fantastic job of describing the quantum computing aspect of monads in relation to a theory of everything, look up Darius Malys. Or if you want a mathematical point of view from wave structure theorists about quaternions look up Geoff Hasslhurst or Milo Wolff. Or for cool wave physics graphics look up Gabriel LaFreniere. If you want me to explain more or something, ask

Here's some clarifications that might help answer some immediate questioning.

absolute absence is irrational yes. this is a paradox in its own and that is why it is irrational. its difficult to grasp I know, but an absolute absence of absolute absence is whats provable, by the fact that anything exists at all. It doesn't matter if you think you existed before or not, just the fact that you have ever existed negates absolute absence. We're speaking of absolutes not just conceptual absence during a single moment but of all moments.

yes man made math, but math also made man. Likewise the universe made man, and the universe made math, and man made the universe. This is all literal. The problem is you're thinking of things as being separate, but they are interconnected as only one system of the totality of everything, which also isn't actually anything on the surface. All the essences are inside this nothingness (or unattainable absoluteness).

See man made math, from observing consistencies in nature (the universe)
Math also made man, see most immediately you were conceived through human reproduction. This is a very complex mechanism involving molecular chemistry which is driven by quantum mechanics, which is driven by the very mathematical logic of monads and quaternions I refer to. Of course this doesn't clearly describe anything in detail because there's so much involved in all of these fields but you get the point. Maybe the biggest concern is how does the mind arise in man to be able to create the math? Well it's all more of the same recursive self-referencing that is the logic behind preserving identity to begin with, only filtered through countless systems of the same fundamental concept of trifold synthesis.

likewise man made the universe. Only self-aware entities will be self-aware. Coherence of self or world is only available for the self-aware and coherent. This is why everything seems so perfect for life. The planets in the right place the temperatures right, all the right things happened just perfectly, any different and we wouldn't be here. Exactly, that's why we are here. We would only be where we could be.

and yes in the real world if you divide by zero you have what you started with, which is everything (potential infinity). Your mind develops categories, but they are subjective to only your mind. Categories are analogous to categories of other minds. This is the same for all things. The most fundamental form of this being all monads in relation to all monads. In your mind you can perceive dividing something you can experience the interpretation of it splitting into multiple unique new pieces derived from its former whole self. But in reality its just a bunch of waves splashing around, waves of space driven by quaternions. You could never divide something into a smallest piece (or number) because there's also not actually anything there, it (space) is just in our minds. I know that last part probably sounds the most insane. but that's the complexity of the world, and the truth is the truth, though it may take time to wrap any large populations heads around understanding, especially if it conflicts with their beliefs.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Can we conclude that not only "Abrahamic religions" religions are Monotheistic; in essence Hinduism and so many other religions are also Monotheistic?

Belief in One-True-God is the default position of the human beings.

Regards

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Can we conclude that not only "Abrahamic religions" religions are Monotheistic; in essence Hinduism and so many other religions are also Monotheistic?

Regards

I thought it was your position that Christianity isn't monotheistic.

Sees

Dragonslayer

Regards

Not really...tends to be the position of "revealed religions" as it works best with strict details, demands, etc.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I thought it was your position that Christianity isn't monotheistic.

Jesus was monotheistic, for sure;but Christianity is not. Paul founded the modern Christianity and it is sure
non-monotheistic.

My position remains the same.

Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Regards

You can conclude that if you want to. But many would disagree, including me. So maybe it would be better for you to say,"I conclude..."

Within Hinduism there are vast differences. Outside of Hinduism, about Hinduism, those differences are even greater. Another viewpoint that hasn't yet been expressed here, but that I've heard a few times, is that Hindus aren't worshiping any Gods, but are worshiping the devil. Here's a video that expresses that viewpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyan_6e4nkU

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You can conclude that if you want to. But many would disagree, including me. So maybe it would be better for you to say,"I conclude..."

Within Hinduism there are vast differences. Outside of Hinduism, about Hinduism, those differences are even greater. Another viewpoint that hasn't yet been expressed here, but that I've heard a few times, is that Hindus aren't worshiping any Gods, but are worshiping the devil. Here's a video that expresses that viewpoint.

[youtube]wyan_6e4nkU[/youtube]
Proof only Hinduism worship Devil - YouTube

I respect Hindus; not only Hindus, anybody who does evil deeds is devil's workshop; it is not polite of them to say Hindus "are worshiping the devil". Hindus have done good and charitable works; for that they are to be praised.

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hinduism♥Krishna;3540594 said:
Hello ,

I just want to know how you feel about our vedic hindu dharma ?

How you look towards our hindu's most beloved god krishna ?

And what you feel about Hinduism organization 'iskcon'
Which is converting Christians into hindus ?

Please share your experiences ,thoughts about hindu eternal religion .

Thank you .Jai shri Krishna !

I believe the Vedas are very old but I am ambivalent as to whether the words are God's words or just the words of someone who knew about God. It at least seems to me to be someone who knew about God. The Uphanishads just appear to be the philosophies of men.

He makes great claims but I don't beleive he is an incarnation of God.

I don't beleive it can be done with born again Christians but might work with cultural Christians. I believe it leads people astray.

I believe in reincarnation but not the Hindu or Buddhist versions of it which are too materialistic.

You are welcome to ask anything you want. I believe that is one way we learn.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the Vedas are very old but I am ambivalent as to whether the words are God's words or just the words of someone who knew about God. It at least seems to me to be someone who knew about God. The Uphanishads just appear to be the philosophies of men.

The Vedas were not spoken like the God of Abraham spoke to Moses. The Vedas were transcendentally perceived as truth by the rishis (sages, seers). The Upanishads were not written by men. They are Vedanta, literally, the end of the Vedas, the last part of the Vedas.

I believe in reincarnation but not the Hindu or Buddhist versions of it which are too materialistic.

How so, how are they materialistic?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hinduism♥Krishna;3548938 said:
Are you sure ? How you can know who is lost and who's not ? If you wouldn't quote Bible veres, it will be better. Because I can say then, Vedas are much older than Bible .
According to me, The person who is thinking his body as self is lost . Now tell me why you think If we don't accept jesus, we get lost . Then what about the people born before jesus' birth . No one among them got that? Were they all lost ? I really don't understand what is the logic behind this 'lost' word?

Thanks .

I believe so.

Mt 15:24 But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

I believe the concept here was that Israelites should have known God but did not, so they were lost.

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.

So the current perspective is that if one is not in the fold of Jesus one is lost.

I believe that would be unfortunate but it would not keep a person out of the fold, so in Christian perspective the person is not lost just misinformed.

I believe when The Physical Kingdom of God comes those who don't have Jesus as Lord and Savior will lose out on being in that Kingdom.

I believe in reincarnation so that people born before the birth of Jesus also lived after the birht of Jesus so that it was available to them to choose.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Vedas were not spoken like the God of Abraham spoke to Moses. The Vedas were transcendentally perceived as truth by the rishis (sages, seers). The Upanishads were not written by men. They are Vedanta, literally, the end of the Vedas, the last part of the Vedas.

How so, how are they materialistic?

I believe the idea is that something after death goes into the ground gets eaten and becomes the new person in a new life. Please correct me if there is a different perspective.