• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Doesn't the World Call on Hamas to Surrender?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
well we are talking about around 2 million people if I am correct. And the reason is similar to why the neighbors won’t take them in. Big chance they won’t return

Hamas isn’t in control of the borders, where Israel and Egypt are
Not sure if they still are blocking Palestinians from leaving, but Hamas was doing so a few months ago.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Oh I see, you are talking about blocking people from leaving their city.
So to be honest with you, if the source of any kind of information I comes from Israel, I would need confirmation from a neutral source. The past has shown us they would fabricate lies to such extent.
If there is evidence supporting this I will be the first person to say that’s wrong.
Same way it was wrong to kill non combatants on 7 October.
Same way killing non combatants in Gaza is wrong.
Too bad some people here aren’t consistent in their reasoning

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

And if the source comes from Hamas?
I think the department of healthcare have been deemed trustworthy the last decades, international agencies came to this conclusion.
About the governments , my position is that they sometimes blatantly lie, especially in the west. So I tend to wait for confirmation to accept it as facts.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I think the department of healthcare have been deemed trustworthy the last decades, international agencies came to this conclusion.

That appears to be true. See, for example, here.

About the governments , my position is that they sometimes blatantly lie, especially in the west. So I tend to wait for confirmation to accept it as facts.

You seem to find my question challenging.

Kathryn

Oh I see, you are talking about blocking people from leaving their city.
So to be honest with you, if the source of any kind of information I comes from Israel, I would need confirmation from a neutral source. The past has shown us they would fabricate lies to such extent.
If there is evidence supporting this I will be the first person to say that’s wrong.
Same way it was wrong to kill non combatants on 7 October.
Same way killing non combatants in Gaza is wrong.
Too bad some people here aren’t consistent in their reasoning
I know you aren't talking about me - - LOL.

Anyway, Hamas was blocking Palestinians from leaving their cities a few months ago, not sure if they are still doing it. The following is from Reuters:

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Anyway, Hamas was blocking Palestinians from leaving their cities a few months ago, not sure if they are still doing it. The following is from Reuters:
No you were right I wasn’t mentioning you.

So I have read the article. There are 2 things happening here.

First the mosque telling people do to stay put. When I read this I don’t see this as blocking people leaving.
You have to know we Muslims are obligated to go to the mosque On Friday for the prayers. This happens every Friday so it makes sense the mosque would tell people this prayer won’t happen.

Second

Hamas asked its citizens to not leave from their homes. I don’t see the harm of asking them to stay, if Hamas would physically stop people from leaving then I would condemn that. Every sane people would condemn that. Especially when woman and children are involved

You have understand that these people are in a terrible situation where they don’t see end of the tunnel. I don’t know if you heard of the term IDF is using when they enter Gaza. Mowing the grass.
These people with everything happening to them, they aren’t afraid of dying. They know how cruel IDF is and you have seen what happens with people that escaped to the south.

So if they physically stopped people from leaving then I would say that’s wrong. This article is not saying that. This is just saying Hamas asked their people to stand firm against yet again another mowing the grass,

Kathryn

All I know is that if a spiritual leader or the leader of a terrorist organization told me to stay in my house, I'd probably do so, but who knows? The Palestinians are in a very bad situation, I do know that much. They literally have nowhere to go.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

All I know is that if a spiritual leader or the leader of a terrorist organization told me to stay in my house, I'd probably do so, but who knows? The Palestinians are in a very bad situation, I do know that much. They literally have nowhere to go.
You know it’s hard for us to imagine being in such situation. But I do know for sure I would support those who are fighting for my self determination. And terrorist is just a label that is giving to them.
When the IDF is mowing the grass we don’t call them terrorist.
When Israel is taking prisoners without trial we don’t call them hostages.
When people are oppressed and they have a right to resist we call them terrorist. It’s just playing with words to point a finger at someone.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Yep, as they are more than willing to let their own people unnecessarily die as we have been repeatedly seeing. If they wanted to protect their own people, they could have surrendered, and the leaders could have sought refuge in another country.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
You know it’s hard for us to imagine being in such situation. But I do know for sure I would support those who are fighting for my self determination. And terrorist is just a label that is giving to them.
When the IDF is mowing the grass we don’t call them terrorist.
When Israel is taking prisoners without trial we don’t call them hostages.
When people are oppressed and they have a right to resist we call them terrorist. It’s just playing with words to point a finger at someone.
Whay do you think that just phrasing the word will change anything? There is more then enough evidence to suggest that Hamas is indeed to be called as terrorist organization.Their military operations are just a mirror of the organization they are..
They knew exactly what would Israel do as they understand the military power they are facing.
They are not fighting this war to survive,it is very evident.
If they did , they would not sacrifice one life.
What bothers me is the suffering of Gazans and the whole Palestinian nation.And what bothers me more is that they don't have anyone capable to make significant change.

I will only ask nicely to not adress my opinions on the base of IDF as i have explained previously in many answers that i take no side with Israel , but neither with Hamas and Palestinian leadership.I don't see a right in two wrongs , simple as that.

The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. -Chadwig Boseman.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Whay do you think that just phrasing the word will change anything?
Yes it would definitely change things.
For example Palestinians that are prisoners but clearly they are just hostages would get released.

Another example, there is a reason why the un didn’t labeled Hamas as a terrorist organization because of a simple fact. They acknowledge the fact that the Palestinians are being occupied by Israel. In this cas according international law the Palestinians have a right to armed resistance. The west labeling them as a terrorist organization they think they can change the narrative and reject of the Palestinian to resist.

Another example. Israel has violated throughout the years multiple international laws and committed atrocities after atrocities. Where are the sanctions of the west?
It’s a simple fact, punishing Israel does not benefit them. That’s why I don’t accept the labeling of the west since it’s in they have interest to be in war.
But yeah we will see what happens. You know what they say better to say sorry then asking permission,

The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. -Chadwig Boseman.
Yes and it’s clear who has the power in this matter.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Another example, there is a reason why the un didn’t labeled Hamas as a terrorist organization because of a simple fact. They acknowledge the fact that the Palestinians are being occupied by Israel. In this cas according international law the Palestinians have a right to armed resistance. The west labeling them as a terrorist organization they think they can change the narrative and reject of the Palestinian to resist.
Yeah , sure - the UN.
They are just a group of people doing nothing except talking.

Hamas has killed their own people as others in the same time.People went to prision with the intention to kill someone inside because they were threat to their 'organization'.There have been reports on that with strong evidence.Hamas fights with other sects together to one and one purpose only - the erasing of the state and nation of Israel.They said that publicly , many of these sects.
'Death to America' as 'Death to Israel' ..

It is very evident that their enemy is the whole Western Society.We have events in history that clarify the attacks on foreign countries.What kind of peace is that?

So the question is , what do they want with those who want to live their life in their own society?

Another example. Israel has violated throughout the years multiple international laws and committed atrocities after atrocities. Where are the sanctions of the west?
It’s a simple fact, punishing Israel does not benefit them. That’s why I don’t accept the labeling of the west since it’s in they have interest to be in war.
But yeah we will see what happens. You know what they say better to say sorry then asking permission,
I don't have interest in war as any of the people in my nation does not have.This way of reasoning is because of the obvious agenda that we see often in the media.
There is clear evidence , no need for inspiring philosophy.

Yes and it’s clear who has the power in this matter.
Hamas had power also October the 7th.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Yeah , sure - the UN.

Hamas has killed their own people as others in the same time.People went to prision with the intention to kill someone inside because they were threat to their 'organization'.There have been reports on that with strong evidence.Hamas fights with other sects together to one and one purpose only - the erasing of the state and nation of Israel.They said that publicly , many of these sects.
'Death to America' as 'Death to Israel'
Right the UN is the bad guy when it’s not agreeing with Israel.

I am not implying that the Palestinians are perfect. It’s just the fact that Israel is the occupying force and they don’t want peace. Their actions made it clear.
I mean Hamas wouldn’t be what it is today without Israel support.

Israel: here some money and everything you want and go make some troubles with the Palestinians authorities:
Hamas: oh that’s kind of you. We will do that thanks
Israel: it worked thanks, can we talk about the future?
Hamas: sure we want our lands back?
Israel: no we can’t do that
Hamas: well we will fight until we achieve victory
Israel: well then we will close you out of the world
Hamas: no wall can stop us.

don't have interest in war as any of the people in my nation does not have.This way of reasoning is because of the obvious agenda that we see often in the media.
Agree no sane person doesnt want peace. On the other hand no sane want to be living on a horrible situation.
The people that are in Israel government doesn’t want peace, because the only way for peace is to give the Palestinians what they own. And sadly that won’t happen
It is very evident that their enemy is the whole Western Society.We have events in history that clarify the attacks on foreign countries.What kind of peace is that?
what events are you referring to ?
Yeah , sure - the UN.

'Death to America' as 'Death to Israel' ..

So the question is , what do they want with those who want to live their life in their own society?

I don't have interest in war as any of the people in my nation does not have.This way of reasoning is because of the obvious agenda that we see often in the media.

Hamas had power also October the 7th.
yes they had a bull dozer to run through the fence. Their power was erased in a couple days